Thread: Travel prams... Do you have one?

Default Travel prams... Do you have one?

So we're taking DS to the US at Christmas to visit DH's family. I've decided that I want to get a travel pram for the trip. We'll be visiting a few different states and in and around airports a lot. With a curious and energetic toddler I'm sure having a pram will be very helpful...

Ideally I want one of the ones that fold down to hand luggage size. I've seen one online (Mia Moda) but can't find anywhere in Aus that sells it. I do remember having a quick look at a similar one ages ago, but don't know what brand it was... So just wondering if you have one and what do you think of it?

We have a Quicksmart one that folds into a backpack for carry on luggage. It was perfect for going interstate and overseas.

There is one called the Quinny Zapp stroller, it's supposed to be perfect for travelling. Widely availble in baby stores through out Australia.
    Your best bet would be go to a Baby Bunting store and see what they have or reccommend. The one near me is huge and has every brand imagineable..including alot of overseas brands strollers.

If you cant get it in aus, could you get it while your in the US? That way there is one less trip to take it along in.

Quote Originally Posted by poopie View Post
    If you cant get it in aus, could you get it while your in the US? That way there is one less trip to take it along in.
    I was thinking that, but I really want to have it for the trip. I think it will be a godsent when we're trying to get around the airport and contain DS (when we're in line etc). Also for him to snooze in when we're doing connecting flights...

I think we'll do a trip to Baby Bunting on the weekend and check out what they've got, but the Quicksmart one sounds exactly like what I had in mind thanks Nai

You used to be able to get the Quicksmart at Myer and Target. We looked at one at both places but went with a sling instead.

I got my quicksmart from toys r us.

I got ours on eBay

So, we went to have a look at the QuickSmart today and it is exactly what I had in mind. But the sales assistant did say that not all airlines will let you take it on as carry on... Has anyone had any probs?

We brought one that was only $100. And now my dd prefers to use this all the time. Ours is not one that you can take on as hand luggage, but when we travelled to the states and domestically we have always been able to take up to the gate. The main thing I looked for was one that could lie back as flat as possible in case she had to have a sleep. If you want to know the details of the one that we got I'm happy to let you know. I have to say it has been one of the best baby purchases we have made and well worth taking overseas.

Janie xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Janie71 View Post
    We brought one that was only $100. And now my dd prefers to use this all the time. Ours is not one that you can take on as hand luggage, but when we travelled to the states and domestically we have always been able to take up to the gate. The main thing I looked for was one that could lie back as flat as possible in case she had to have a sleep. If you want to know the details of the one that we got I'm happy to let you know. I have to say it has been one of the best baby purchases we have made and well worth taking overseas.

Janie xxx
    That would be great if you could tell me what you got, we're still on the lookout and I really want to get something which is practical. Being able to check it at the gate wouldn't be a problem. Thx

It is a Bebe Care Lunar stroller. I have found it to be perfect for travel. It lies back to almost flat. The other thing I found traveling through the states was that once you land, they will bring the stroller back to you at the gate, so it is almost like taking one on as hand luggage.

Good luck with your selection and I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Janie xxx

Oops double post.