Thread: Using 2 diff brand monitors?

Question Using 2 diff brand monitors?

When I was prg with DS we decided to get a second monitor because we wanted to leave DDs in her room. She was 2.5 at the time but her room is too far from ours and I wanted to be sure I'd hear her if she woke or was sick etc. Her monitor is a Roger Armstrong 'Sleep Easy' monitor.

So we went out and brought an Angel Care monitor for DS but when we brought him home and set it up, it didn't work. We have no idea why but couldn't figure it out so took it back and got a refund.

He now has DDs old monitor (the Roger Armstong one) and we want to get the new bub another Angel Care - but we're thinking maybe the two different brands will interfere with each other and that's why it didn't work the first time we tried??

Has anyone used two different brands (particularly the Angel Care) and had no issues?

There's some on ebay for a good price but I don't want to waste my money only to find it doesn't work again.

LOL we have 4 monitors going! We have a 2 storey house and DS still wakes up at night so we have a monitor each for DS and DD with the receiver downstairs. We then have another one for each of them with the receiver in our bedroom.

We simply could not be bothered unplugging the monitors and moving them back and forth each night and morning.

It did take a bit of juggling to work out which monitors would not interfere with the other...DS is an electrician so I left it up to him to pick out the frequencies etc. In the end there was only one configuration which would work. The Angelcare breathing sensor monitor that DD was supposed to have would only behave itself and not buzz if it was in DS' room.

And we had to change around our cordless phones as well!

So we have an Angelcare and Tomy monitor for DS...and an Oricom and Childcare monitor for DD.

The best ones are the Oricom and the Tomy monitors. Least amount of interference and longest range. The Oricom isn't very sexy looking, it's a very plain one, but it is the best of all of them in terms of range and blessedly silent, no buzzing or electrical squeal. The Tomy we do get a very slight high pitched buzz from but only since we had 4 monitors going...it was fine when we only had 2 going.

The Angelcare and Childcare ones are, frankly, a complete PITA for interference in our house which is why they are in our bedroom...much less distance for the signal to travel, but even then have to be positioned "just so".

Hmmmm, OK, thanks for that. We might be better off getting one the same brand then? I'm going to the baby shop we usually go to and ask them about it too.

we have the anglecare and a fisher price one and no interference!!

I don't think it matters too much if you have different brands. Just make sure each monitor is set to a different channel to the other. Most will have a channel A & B (some have C & D). If they are set to different channels they "shouldn't" interfere with each other.

We actually made the effort to get different brands because less chance that they would pick up each other's frequency.

Ah OK, as you can see, I don't have a brain that works this way - I leave this sort of stuff up to DH but that actually makes sense Curly - der...LOL!

Thanks for your help girls!