Thread: What's your favourite organic/natural baby wash?

Question What's your favourite organic/natural baby wash?

Hey guys

Just looking to see if anyone can recommend some great natural or organic baby wash/shampoo products? and why?

We love using moogoo products but am always wanting to try new products

Thanks!

hahaha, I was about to post "moogoo" cause it smells so good and if he ingests some, I don't worry that it'll kill him.

Yeh Kazbah, we love it for the exact same reason!!..so my DD isn't the only one who licks her fingers after putting it on??!

Another here who loves MooGoo I think I have most of their bath/shampoo/conditioner products... love them all.

I also occassionally use the MiEssence bath products too... there's lots of discussion about them here in BB... the one called Sunflower (I think) was especially nice.

beauty and the bees range of baby products (Tasmanian made) only ever used the baby soap on DD and now DS to wash body and hair, very gentle

Actually, before I found MooGoo, I used to use The Body Shop "cocoa butter" body wash. And the best thing for Pip's cradle cap for us was walnut shell body scrub, it stopped the cradle cap and kept it away.

rhyb Guest

I have methodbaby which is rice milk and mallow. Dont know if its organic though....

Alchemy is great (they don't make a specific baby wash, but their body washes are suitable for babies), Natural Instinct is a fantastic brand that is very reasonably priced, I use Jurlique myself but have not used their baby range, but now that my DS is a little older I occasionally use the body wash on him. I used to use MiEssence and really like some but not all of their products.

I am currently using Moogoo products, and personally, I am not a huge fan, mostly because they use a synthetic fragrance which I find a little overwhelming (I prefer essential oils for scent).

Suse: I wondered about MooGoo's fragrance... I assumed that they used synthetic fragrance because it was a safer ingredient than most essential oils... as lovely as essential oils are many are kinda harsh if over used....even tiny quantities. You'd think after going to all the effort to research the safety of their main ingredients that they wouldn't want to ruin their product by adding something harmful... but yeah, I know what you mean, the idea of using something synthetic does have an ick factor... compared to an essential oil... but is the reality different I wonder?

Dunno Bath.

I use MiEssence or Natural Instincts

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

A few of the products mentioned are not organic or fully organic. They may have one or two organic ingredients, but look for the Australian Certified Organic logo on it, to spot a genuine organic product. The Miessence range have this, and my vote is also for the Sunflower Body Wash as bubblebath and body wash. Too much chemical crap out there.

• Description

Gently cleanses your body while moisturising it with lashings of vitamin-rich, cold-pressed organic safflower oil. Contains invigorating orange peel, lemon peel and lime peel oils.
    • Why

To gently cleanse your body.
    • How

Apply small amount to sponge and lather all over your body. Can also be used as a safe alternative to children's bubble bath and baby wash products.
    • When

In the shower or bath.
    • Ingredients - barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, xanthan gum, certified organic citrus dulcis (sweet orange) essential oil, citric acid, coco glucoside, certified organic citrus limonum (lemon) essential oil, certified organic citrus aurantifolia (lime) essential oil, certified organic helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, citrus aurantium amara (bitter orange) fruit extract
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

I'm happy with the Aromababy range. Reason - mainly coz its quick & easy to purchase (available at our local pharmacy) The baby wash doesn't smell because it doesn't have any fragrance or essential oils. The quantity of essential oil needs to be really really tiny for use on babies, and isn't really recommended.

I've used beauty & the bees soaps & belly balm, but haven't used anything on the kids.

Synthetic fragrances can be an irritant, but as Bath said, so can essential oils. Altho the oils commonly used are lavender & chamomile which should be fairly safe if in very very small quantaties.

I'm not that fussed whether they are organic or not, just so long as they are plant based ingredients and not petroleum based I'm happy

ETA: Oh I meant to say I like Aromababy baby wash too coz there is no surfactant (not even plant-derived) so don't expect too much lather (people are obsessed with bubbles LOL). Surfactants are what dry the skin out, stripping it of natural oils.

Bath, the moogoo fragrance was specifically chosen for its non-irritant properties (and it is not used in some products, eg: the MSM soothing cream), I just don't like the fragrance. I have a bit of olfactory sensitivity and find a lot of synthetic fragrances either make me sneeze or give me a bit of a headache.

ztmaercs Guest

Exclamation Natural Products

I had a problem with the bath cosmetics, that i bought from a hypermarket. I`m from Andorra, and my daughter Maria had an alergy inducted by a bath product. I went from town to town, and no one couldn`t help my little angel . I was lucky when a dr from Barcelona, Antonio Famagusta discover that the alergy is inducted by a parasite from a cosmetic company. I sue them .. but i-m to small for that mafia. Also Dr Famagusta helped me with Natural Bath Products
    Now I'm scared about any food, any cosmetics what should i do ?

I love Gaia products

i love Gaia stuff. what annoys me is that at my safeway & coles they only stock the baby shampoo (also the moisturizer etc) and i have to go to a health shop if i want to buy the baby conditioner.

We use mainly Miessence here - as it is certified organic (and I am a rep so get a discount - ), although I do love the Bottom Balm by Nature's Child.

Pm me if your interested - I have a website and anyone can order from there at a discounted price.

X