Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy a good 3 Wheeler Pram??

Default Where to buy a good 3 Wheeler Pram??

I have been out and about looking at prams for the last couple of months but cant seem to find one i like. So any suggestions of where i could get a good one but no too expensive would be greatly appreciated.
    I'd prefer a 3-wheeler as i find them a little easier to control.
    I also want a decent size storage basket and preferably the bassinette attachment.
    Also would love a pram that has the handle you pull up to adjust seat height on the back not the clips on the side.
    A little pocket would also be good to store purse, keys etc. etc. in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i feel im running out of time. Even though i've still got 4 months i like to be prepared in advance.

I found baby bunting in ringwood to be very helpful. They let me take the pram for a whirl around the carpark and also let me put in back of hatch to check for size. They all tend to have some pretty good sales on this time of year too. They will also layby Toys R us don't.
    Good luck Jmmum.

Smile

Babyco- Swallow beema Q

I've just bought one and it was rated by choice magazine as one of the best 3 wheelers around. I paid $399 for mine then an extra $69 for the bassinet (had a 1/2 price sale on it at the time) I've asked a few people out and about what they think of them and everyones really happy, yet to find anyone who wasn't! Hope this helps and good luck with your pram search!
    Snoopea

I went to all the baby shops and didn't find any that I liked. Then went to target and fell in love with one but the only one they had was the one on display and wouldn't let me have it
    But then I went to kmart and found an even better one! It has cup holders up the top where the handels are for my lattes Never thought a pram could actually suite someone

I've heard great things about the beema Q aswell. The price is great aswell.

I have a Phil & Teds Sports, I thing they're on sale at babies galore at the moment for about $600 & I think at the moment they're also throwing in the doubles kit. It doesnt come with a bassinette though but I love my P&T

I know toys r us seem to have really good sales with HUGE savings so I'd suggest having a look there as one of your first places

Good luck finding the perfect 3 wheeler for you, there are heaps to choose from!

Hi - Another fan of the Swallow Beema Q from Baby Co here!! (Despite not using it yet I've also heard great things ) I paid a similar amount to Snoopea for this recently - they have a brand new model out for about $100 more but the only difference the sales assistant could tell me about was the different colours!! Def not worth the extra - Baby Co also have 6 month lay by option to which is great - Also realy light, and one of the few 3 wheelers which fits through all the isles in supermarkets! Good Luck

Oh yeah and another thing - it has a big storage basket underneath and whilst it doesn't have a cup holder etc I bought a material caddy which goes over the handle of the pram which can fit two drink bottles and has a zipped section for keys etc! I also bought this at baby co for about $16!

Kirra - i feel exactly the same as you..but i think i am going to get a Jeep pram as it has everything i am after theres the link for it..its sold at Big W as far as i know

http://bigw.com.au/pdf/specsheets/st...569%205430.pdf

I have the Beema Q and love it. We bought the Bassinet and my bub has just moved out of it. Bassinet is fantastic for winter as I left the main hood on so when both hoods were up my bub was all cosy. I got so many comments on my pram as I live in a small country town. It is great to be able to get through most doors easily. Steers really well. Handles some mild off road terrain - gravel, few bumps etc. The basket is huge - I can fit so much in it and when bub was small I would fill hte bassinet too - He would object to cold items though. I have over-filled the basket and pram - the wheels started to squeak. My bub also objected when I tried to shove a Wii console in the bassinet (basket was full) when he was sleeping. I was careful not to squash bub.

I also bought the jolly jumper stroller caddy for my pram and it is great. I can put my water bottle there and place for keys and phone. They don't reccomend you put hot drinks in it because of the danger to your baby.

From memory the Beema Q is slightly lighter than the others, they aren't too bad though. There are some lighter prams but for the price and features it is good. I like how it has the lever to sit bubs up and has a catch to hold it closed. No fiddling about with straps!

Happy shopping

Thanks to everyone so far for your suggestions. I'll have a look on Friday (hopefully) at the Beema Q however i read a comment from someone on a website about exposed hinges or something inside the canopy/hood which they have trouble with when their children/toddler sit up (head touches the top), anyone else had this??
    I plan to walk alot with this bubs so i really want a pram that will last when shes a toddler.

Try Baby Gallery in Clayton - I got my P&T Sports there for $469 (which was heaps better price than I found anywhere else). I love my P&T sports....but..... I haven't actually had my baby yet...

I also wanted something good for walking through parks with my puppydog... ended up being a choice between BeemaQ and P&T Sports for me. I found both good & bad feedback about both strollers, so in the end came down to personal choice... and now i do notice I see a heap of both around (but maybe I'm biased? hehe). Happy shopping!!

Smile

Haven't heard about any head hitting yet but I know that you can remove the hood altogether so it becomes like a stroller.

Justine, I'll be heading back to babyco in search of the material caddy, do you know who makes it so i know what to ask for?

My sister in law uses her beema q for running and it's worth it's weight in gold, I'm yet to use mine but can't wait at the moment it's got it's home in the nursery!

Hey Snoopea - I just looked at the packaging and I'm pretty sure the brand is "Jolly Jumper" and it's actually called "Jolly Jumper Stroller Caddy" - Haven't actually tried it on yet but sales lady said it def fits Beema Q - The price is $16.95

Jsutine, yes the jolly jumper storller caddy definately fits. I have it and use it and is awesome! I put my kepys, mp3 player, phone, water bottle, rattle, tissues everything in it

I also love my beema q. Love how it fits through the check outs at shops and its fairly light. I also like the fact it has a pouch thingy at the back for wallet,keys,phone etc.

I purchased the Valco Baby Tri-Mode and I think I'm going to love it....I was looking at the Phil & Ted's but it looked too sporty rather than an actual pram. As for the Beema Q I saw 3 prams at highpoint and all 3 front wheels on each one looked like they were gonna fall off.....so I was really put off. I was deciding on the Strider 3 and Valco Baby but the Strider seemed to wide and heavier. Go to Baby Bunting, they are awesome there and will help you with your decision

I've been to Baby Bunting but they weren't much help at all (kinda rude actually) i put it down to my age cause she was giving me that look that i get cause im a young mum. They didnt have a huge range either. I've looked into the Beema Q and i love it but DP says it out of our price range.
    I'm now looking at the Valco Legend, im not planning on jogging just going for walks so i think this pram should suit well. I only saw it this morning though so i have to wait for DP to give it the ok before i go ahead and buy it.

Thanks everyone for you help, i really appreciate it, i will let you all know what we decide on, if we ever decide. lol

Really? I found at least 4 of the ladies there really helpful and one especially. She stayed with me for the whole 5 hours and when I went back she came straight to me and helped me again. Even the other ladies were good when she wasn't there... they offered to take the pram to the car and try it out to fit in the boot. I dont look 29 i like 19 so hopefully they didn't judge you for your age....... Good luck with everything.... but if you're ever in the western suburbs try going to Baby Bunting there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast