Thread: who uses a big 'nappy bag'

DoubleK Guest

Default who uses a big 'nappy bag'

i have been wondering lately, how many ppl use the nappy bags?

i just sold our one on ebay, brand new never used!!

since krystal was born, ive managed quite well with an enviro bag (from cotton on, i have about 12, plus about s4 different shaes of the supre pink bags!) all ive ever taken is change of clothes, couple of nappies, travel pack of wipes, drink/snack, a book or two, and when she was younger a cloth nappy to lay her on in the parents room...

if i had put all that into the nappy bag, i would be able to fit Krystal in there too!! and now that i use a small stroller, its much easier to just hang off the handle, doesnt put the pram off balance!

does anyone else travel light like me? (i am still BF, so i guess bottles etc could take up extra space..)
    just had to ask!!
    Rach

Enchanted Guest

I use a nappy bag as I find that I always over pack and all Oscar's stuff wouldn't fit in a smaller bag

I always used to take a nappy bag (it was actually a backpack & I t was always ful LOL)...

Now I wither take Lexys Small backpack or on short trips chuck a couple of things into my handbag..

i still ust the Big backpack if she goes anywhere overnight though... Plus another bag packed just incase LOL

Thanks for posting this question Rachy - I have spent all morning looking at nappy bags on the web and wondering whether they are really necessary too.

I know that I always pack the kitchen sink for DH and me when we go out so I guess I am going to need a suitcase when bubs arrives!!
    T.

i love my nappy bag. it cost $150 (total rip off) but i would be lost without it

I always pack way too much stuff in our nappy bag. We have a big nappy bag. I really should do a stocktake of it and take out the stuff we arent going to use.

I used a satchel (laptop sized) nappy bag last time and will do the same again this time. I'm a "I'll pack that just in case...." person.

I too have the black & white Oi Oi nappy bag, it was $150 & i've hardly used it....am looking to sell it. I don't mind having a Big nappy bag as when we go out for an evening we need to take bottle, snack, pjs & so on but during the day I just chuck stuff in the bottom of the pram. What I don't like about my bag is it has 2 straps, not one big one...therefore doesn't fit well over the pram handles & is just a pain in the bottom. Getting a better one made from a great shop I found online & they are really nice & not too exp either. There are many bags you can get online that they claim "look great, whilst also a nappy bag" but they are soooo very impractical & exp.

I have an OiOi hobo bag and I love it - just the right size for what I need, so it's not overly large, but not small either. Once bubs is a big bigger i usually downsize the amount of stuff I take, but I love my nappy bag so I will use it for a fair while LOL.

I'm not buying a nappy bag, for now anyway.

I carry a tote already and some stuff can go in there, and the rest in the underbasket of my pram.

I bought the Oroton nappy bag which comes with a change mat and have found it great! I used it a lot more when my DD was younger but now only use it if I'm going for a coffee with friends and need to pack lots of toys and food. It doesn't fit very well under my pram so I don't use it if I'm going shopping but for an extended stay in one place it is perfect.

I just use an enviro bag when I go for an hour or two like down to the shops, but if we are going for a trip or for more than a few hours, I take the nappy bag. It is big, but I have everything in there...warm clothes cool clothes, nappies, bottles, wipes, sippee cup, food... everything!!

I have a handbag from strand bags that has two zippered compartments (leopard print inner )- so one side for my stuff and one that fits wipes, nappies, and bibs. In the car I have all the spare clothes, wipes nappies etc as I figure Im always going to be close to the car wherever I am if I need that stuff.

I've found this to work perfectly for me although once I have to take food everywhere I might change over again!

I had a kapoochi nappy bag and just bought a cheaper sachel type one from Target and I am much more happier with that one. The kapoochi one was far too big abd bulky and didn't sit well on my pram handle.

Julia, I would love to know what sort of Kapoochi bag you had and what pram you have and why it didn't sit well. I like the kapoochi at the moment as it seems so versatile - backpack, over shoulder and can clip onto pram. I am sure like many things in reality it is not always as good as it seems.
    Thanks

I have the Kapoochi backpack (the smaller one, not the big one with the bag attachment). It was great in the early days as I could wear it and have Maggie in the HAB at the same time. The smaller nappies fit well in the nappy compartment, the phone holder was great and so was the key holder. Overall though it was a bit heavy even before I put anything it, so once I had to carry it on my shoulder more often than back, I decided to change it. Will probably bring it back out again with the next bubs.

I have since changed to a smaller satchel from Target. It came with a plastic pocket that I put the nappies and wipes in. It is handy as if there is a spill in the bag, they stay clean.

I've got a kapoochi tote/nappy bag, and I love it!!! I had a ryco satchel bag before, the seams came apart after only about 3 months of use, and I never really took it out that much as it was too big for me.
    My kapoochi one has 2 sides, one for bubs and the other side for me, it also came with a bottle bag

i recently bought a handmade one, its actually 2 bags that snap together!! its fantastic, comes with wipes bags, wetbag, changemat, insulated pouch and mucj more, i love that if im going out for a short period i just take halfm if alday trip them snap it together, works well and welll made!!