Thread: Womb Sounds Bear

Question Womb Sounds Bear

hi all,
    have been looking into getting a womb sounds bear for bubs (i think theyre also known as a mommy bear)
    but DP is worried that bubs will get too used to the sound and wont be able to sleep when we decide to remove the bear

has anyone got one of these, what do u think? and was it hard to get ur bubs/child to sleep once you decided to remove the bear?

thanks!

I haven't had my first child yet, however, I used to work in childcare and there seemed to be alot of children in my room who had the as comforters for sleep time or when they were upset for one reason or another (age group - 1.5 yrs - 2.5yrs).
    However, maybe if you took it away when the baby was 6 mnths or so it wouldn't be so difficult as long as you replace it with something else.
    HTH

Good Luck with your decision.

Hmm yep that's what im worried about I don't want my bubs dependant on it, esp say if the sound box broke or we forgot to take it when she stays at my mums for the nite...I've found lots of rave reviews but can't find anything on 'weaning' baby off it/associated probs...

I was given one of these but found the sound annoying so we took the sound box out and just gave DS the bear as a toy. The thing to remember with anything like that is that there is always then the potential for it to become a comfort/sleep aid. I know all about this as DS has a dummy for sleeping and a while ago it became something he wanted all the time, likewise with a small comforter he had. It has taken a while but he sucks a few times on the dummy and then throws it away now which is great. The comforter is still in the cot but he doesn't use it as much. Just be prepared for the problems you may face down the track, but on the other had you might now have any.

we had a womby (as we called it) for xavi, he loved it, but wasn't too worried when it wasn't there any longer. we tried to use it for miff, but i have a feeling it got put through the wash cause it wouldn't work again. but i think they're great, if they help in the first few months, i'm all for them.

i am thinking of purchasing one of these also, but you have to realise that children can become attached to anything during their childhood. i am a kindy teacher and i have some 3 year olds who are attached to their teddy, face washer, dummy, and a pillow case, that they carry everywhere.
    my 2 year old nephew is attached to a soft duck he was given as a bub and won't go anywhere without it even though the sound no longer works, and they have to wait till he's asleep till they can wash and dry it.
    every child is different and most i find are fine with seperation but there are still a couple of children who can become attached to items.