Thread: 2 Faint positives the a BFN

amber1403 Guest

Question 2 Faint positives the a BFN

Hi everyone

AF is due tommorow for me and i did a test last night with pregnosis and got a faint positive, i then did the other pregnosis test at 3am and also got a faint positive.

I then bought a assurance brand test and got a BFN.
    Im not sure what the sensitivity is on these brands so hoping it was just negative because it was less sensitive. Does anyone know of this brand??

Thankyou
    Amber

Sorry I have no idea about that brand, but 2 BFPs certainly sounds promising! Good luck

hi amber

im pretty sure pregnosis is 25. not sure about assurance, i havent heard of it. the sensitivity and quality of HPTS varies greatly so I wouldnt be suprised to hear that you have a faint positive on pregnosis but a negative on assurance and still be pregnant. i would grab another couple of brands - discover is good and do another test. try not to use fortel ultra as is it unreliable and can give false positives. perhaps get a blood test tomorrow if you are still not sure.

best of luck - sounds very promising.

ps i had the same thing happen to me and i have now had a blood test confirming that i am definitely pregnant!

JG's Princess83 Guest

Smile

Hi Amber,

From what I've been told and now from past experience, Pregnosis is notorious for false positives and evap lines which look like positives. I would definitely suggest using another brand to be on the safe side. I have my fingers crossed for you - hope there is a BFP coming your way!