Thread: Accident may of lead to new invention!

Default Accident may of lead to new invention!

Hey guys!
    I don't know if this is right but let me tell you what happened..

I have all my HPT's in a box, including a clearblue digital test. Anyway I didn't know which one was the cartridge, so I opened up a pack, and hey it looked like the one in the picture, only it didn't have the arrow, so I thought oh it must be it. So I pop it in and it comes up Non pregnant (as it should of being only 7DPO or something when I tried it out).

So anyway, today I noticed I had 2 little sealed packages that had clearblue written all over them, I opened one up and hey presto there was the REAL cartridge, I held it up to the one I pulled out of the bin and they are EXACTLY the same, right down to imprints on it... So i went through my drawers and found out that one I used was a Crystal Clear test, you know the one in the little blue box with the flappy bit... made by the same company.

So in theory, I am thinking that instead of paying $25 for a new digital test, buy the crystal clear ones (because clear blue doesn't sell replacements for pregnancy tests...) which are only $10 for 2 or 3 I think... Well I am hoping for a BFP in the next few days, so I will buy more of these crystal ones and let you know if it works!!

Hope all of this made sense, if anyone can comment on my finding that would be great!!
    Last edited by Kailz; December 3rd, 2006 at 04:21 PM. Reason: typos

well heres hoping for a + in a few days it will be interesting to see whether your little experiment works

I hope it works for you again when you next test.

I was shocked to learn that you couldn't buy new replacement tests to use in the digital HPT reader.

Hey kailz - i now understand your post, as I did a Clear Blue digital test this morning. I was busting- and it took me about 5 minutes to work out what i had to do!!!! It was -ive. So you can buy the replacement ones? Can you just pee on the replacement and not worry about putting it into the catridge?

lol JaZMum, no u cant buy replacement ones which sucks, but there is ones called crystal clear and they look the same as the cartriges and they actually read aswell, so maybe they would work... you can get them from Terry white chemist! It sucks you can't be the repalcements hey

Jazmum just wanted to make you aware with the ditigal test strips you can't really just pee on it and not put it in the reader. 2 lines for some reason always come up on those strips even if you are not PG. Don't know why but it does.