Thread: ALL pregnancy symptoms but neg test

risa Guest

Default ALL pregnancy symptoms but neg test

HELP! I am confused and people are all telling me I am pregnant, all except the doc and the blood test which are neg. Can a person really be neg and be pregnant. Right now my breasts are killing me, I cant even move my arms freely. I dont even really have my period, it's like a very light one with brown discharge and lil chunks of blood? It is 8 days after my period was due. HELP

Hi Risa,

It may still be too early to tell. when did you get the blood test?

I was like that with my first pg. I had every textbook symptom and kept getting -HPT's, and it took 2 BT's to confirm the pg. I was about 6 weeks before it was confirmed. So it is possible it is a little too early to tell, because my first BT came back inconclusive because there wasn't enough HCG to definately confirm a pg. I would go and have another blood test because if you are pg, the HCG levels would have risen heaps by now.

Good luck

Welcome to belly belly Risa.

Do you know what day you ovulated on? If you o'd later than normal pregnancy is possible. If you ovulated when you usually do then it is unlikely you are pregnant if a serum hcg is negative. However stranger things have happened.

The hormone progesterone causes breast tenderness and some early pregnancy symptoms but it also causes pmt. What you are describing sounds like it is the beginning of your AF. The breast tenderness is consistent with pregnancy but it could also be from the higher level of progesterone that we have in the second half of our cycles. The progesterone levels drop just before af arrives.

It sounds like it may just be a bad AF.

Lots of love,
    Deb

me too, if you feel that strongly about it, go and demand another test. Hope it all works out the way you want.

I agree with the other girls Risa I would try testing again if AF doesn't show up.
    Goodluck sweetie let us know how you go.
    xxx
    Rach

Hi Risa, welcome to BB.

If I was you I would re-test. I know of a girl who had negative BTs right up until she was around 10 weeks!! So it is possible to be pg and still get a negative BT for a few weeks.

Good luck I hope when you do retest you gave a BFP staring back at you.