Thread: Any advice on what to do?

Tamba Guest

Default Any advice on what to do?

Hello everyone!

Before my last period I had swollen ankles and breasts. I was so sleepy.... sleeping up to five hours extra a day if I could! I felt sick every morning and afternoon. I also had to go to the toilet all the time. I had cramps etc etc.

Anyway, a while after all of that I got my period...
    It was late though... I actually did a HPT just to see if I might be pregnant. The test came up with a very faint second line... But that was around when I got my period.

Anyway, I am feeling the same again... so emotional, swollen, exhausted, pale skin, and I feel like I have put on weight.... I am hoping a bub might be the reason. I just feel so much more hungry then normal too. Bad cramping too.... all symptoms that I never usually have.

My next period is not due yet, but I did another HPT anyway... which turned out negative again.

Can you have a full period like that if you are pregnant?
    If so... well when should the HPT test positive?

We are not really TTC, but after thinking I am pregnant, I would like to start. We currently use no form of contraception or protection now anyway, but hubby withdraws, Which is something that I have been told does not matter, as they still apparently leak???!!

Anyway any advice on anything that might help me would be appreciated.

Love,
    Tammy

Hi Tammy,

It's possible that you can be pregnant and still bleed. HPTs are great and they have their place but I have to say that after my IVF cycle during which I fell pregnant, I had no signs or symptoms and I did two HPTs which came up negative. The only reason I knew I was pregnant is that the clinic always does a blood test two weeks after the transfer as that is the most reliable pg test there is.

Maybe contact your doctor and have a chat about what's been happening. See if they will give you a blood test to check the level of hcG (the pregnancy hormone) in your blood.

Cheers,

Melissa