Thread: Best time of the day to do HPT

Default Best time of the day to do HPT

I was just wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what time of the day is best to do a HPT?

Just to give you some background, i have had quite a few symptoms in the last 10 days. AF is due Tuesday. We had planned to do a HPT on Monday morning, but would prefer to do it tomorrow to give us some time to take in the result before going to work on Monday. However, due to things that both of us have planned, we wont be able to do it together until the late afternoon.

If anyone has any info i would love to hear it. Its a bit of a nerve racking time right now, as this was completely unexpected.

Firstly, welcome to BB and fingers crossed for a !!

Most people will say using the first morning urine is better for a hpt, but mine actually showed nothing, and later in the afternoon i got a strong positive.

Try tomorrow arvo and see how you go. Good luck!

Fire Fly Guest

I was the same as Danni, i did my test late in the afternoon. If you mean as far as DPO then id wait till you are due for af. Then you will get a strong result. Well in theory anyway. I did mine the day after i thought af would be due and got really strong pos.

Good Luck with it and welcome to BB.

Thanks Ill give it a go tomorrow arvo then. I do have a Dr's appointment booked for Wednesday morning as well. To a. have a test done to confirm if AF doesnt come, or B. to try and find out what is going on as i never get any symptoms whatsoever until the day AF comes and then its only cramps and some back pain.

In the past 10 days i have had spotting, sore/tender boobs, tired, headaches, bright pee , runny nose etc .... very interesting time!

malimum Guest

I to was the same as Danni, altho i didnt test in the morning coz i had to buy a hpt when i was out shopping but i did mine in the arvo and i got a very strong line as well. GL

bye

Thanks guys. Did the test sunday arvo and it was neg. AF came yesterday morning, but has been very very light. I went to the docotors today to find out what is going on with me. I explained the last 2 weeks in details and he send me off for a BT. I have to go back in the morning to get the results.