Thread: Best time to test with OPK

Default Best time to test with OPK

Herro!
    Anyone know what the best time is to test with OPK's?? i did read somewhere its better to do them late arvo/early evening rather than morning, any opinions?

Thanks

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

i was told and read in many places 2pm and also make sure you havent had lots of fluid to drink before hand.

good luck i tryed and never got to work for me as 2pm was a hard time of day with work etc and also were not good indicator for me.

I have been told (by Melbourne IVF) that I should test in the morning and i must have not been to the loo for at least 4 hours. Not sure of the reason behind the time, maybe just for consistancy between their patients as not everyone would be able to do a test at 2pm.

Thanks for your help guys, yeah i work shift work too so its gonna be hard sticking to the same time each day, ah well, all good

xx

My tests use to say use them at 2pm. However I was not eager to do this at work! So I would take the test when I got home from work around 6pm. I always tried to take them at the same time... and we got lucky with a BFP the second month of using them and only DTD twice that month!

Good luck

wow so lucky to have fallen preg so quickly! i hope i have the same luck!
    congrats and all the best

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    I have been told (by Melbourne IVF) that I should test in the morning and i must have not been to the loo for at least 4 hours. Not sure of the reason behind the time, maybe just for consistancy between their patients as not everyone would be able to do a test at 2pm.

Hi Lenny

That is what MIVF told me, google seems to contradict that suggestion.

What to do .. If I have reliable OPK's should I test at 2 & 8 pm, or at FMU ?

Would an OPK guru clear this up for me ?

(info for a friend )

I always found around 7-8pm was better for me.....

Thanks MBear , and good luck with your impending birth

I always find after lunch time is good as long as it's not to early it should be fine try to find one set time that works for you every day and best of luck wishing you a bfp soon.