Thread: Buying digital HPT

Default Buying digital HPT

AF is 2 days late but I wasn't too hopeful as, even though i'm on Chlomid, AF is still at times irregular and all over the place. Have got my first appointment with IVF doc on Monday so thought I'd pee on a stick this morning just to make sure. The HPT i've got said check in 3 mins - I thought i could see an extremely faint line but thought it could have been a shadow or something cause i really had to look hard to see it. Went back about 10 mins later and there was a definite faint line but its says not to read after 10mins so i'm not sure what to make of it.

I think I'll go out and buy a digital test that way theres no need to second guess. Has anyone used these before?? I know they're expensive but I really want to know for sure before my apppointment on Monday. Can they detect low levels better than regular HPT's??

I have all my fingers and toes crossed but am not getting my hopes up

Hi Tina Honey, How many dpo are you at the moment?
    Which brand did you use to get the faint line?
    Dr's usually use tests that measure about 50mi/u of hcg. A large number of the chemist brands are around 25 or less.

I havnt used any digital ones as Im a bit of a POAS aholic at times and it gets expensive! So have just used internet cheapies, Im sure there will be other girls out there that have used the other ones.

Hope you get a very dark and Clear BFP!

Teepee, i havent used that one before, but i know it is expensive (around $25), and that it has been listed on FF that the clearblue digital ones sensitivity is 50mg,,,which is pretty high compared to the regular midstream ones that are usually only 25mg. I used the pregnow internet strips, and got very faint lines on them, so went out and bought fortel ultra early test (it tests from 6-7days before AF is due), and it tests at a tiny 10mg!!. I used it during the middle of the day, and got a nice dark line on it, so off I went for my BT.
    That might be worth a go,,, at it only cost me $14 from the Bilo grocery store for the two test pack.
    Hope this helps hun, I'd just hate to see you get a false negative just because the test wasn't strong enough
    Fingers crossed for you with testing

Summer I'm not at home so cant check but I think i used Fortel which as Lil_Aussie said has early detection. Maybe i shouldnt bother with digital is they only read from 50mi

Hi Tina,

I don't know about the amount of hormone it needs to test but I've used them twice. The first time was negatives (but I really wasn't preggers) and then I used them again when I got this BFP. I tested at around 12 DPO and got a positive - it will still take 2 or 3 minutes to show your result though - I did the test for fun about a week after I had the confirming BT and it still took the same amount of time to give me my result. I think it likes to build the suspense. But I found them great. It takes out the guess work because it has it in words. And you can now buy them in supermarkets (in Vic anyway) for less than $20 (for 2) which is generally about the same as other brands. There was a thread about it in here awhile ago. If I knew how to link the thread's I would, but I'm just not that savvy.
    Anyway, good luck and I hope you get the result you're looking for!

MG

Fortel has a reputation for (i forgot the name) but it comes up with a faint positive line when youre not pregnant, i recommend trying different brand like pregnosis and crystal clear.
    Good luck.

Tina, I went back and looked at the old thread re: digital crystal clear and someone said it reads 25 hcg. HTH

Hi girls, I found the info I was after, it compares some Australian tests and US tests, as follows:
    Test Name Lowest hCG detected
    AimStick Pregnancy Test Strip 20 mIU
    AccuHome Midstream Pregnancy Test 25 mIU
    Answer Early Result Pregnancy Test 25mlU
    Answer Pregnancy Test (Cup) 25 mIU
    Clearblue +/- 25 mIU
    Confirm 1-Step Pregnancy Test 25 mIU
    Equate Pregnancy Test 25 mIU
    First Response Early Result Pregnancy Test 25 mIU
    One Step Be Sure Pregnancy Test 25 mIU
    Precise Pregnancy Test 25 mIU
    Quickview Pregnancy Test 25 mIU
    Walgreen Digital 25 mIU
    e.p.t. Home Pregnancy Test
    1 line = Not Pregnant 2 lines = Pregnant 40 mIU
    e.p.t. Certainty Digital Test 40 mIU
    Fact Plus Pregnancy Test 40 mIU
    Clearblue Digital 50 mIU
    CVS Cartridge Pregnancy Test 50 mIU
    CVS Midstream Pregnancy Test 50 mIU
    Dollar Store Brand Pregnancy Test 50 mIU
    PROOF POSITIVE! Personal Home Pregnancy Test
    Found at the Dollar Store and 99 Cents Stores 50 mIU
    Drug Emporium Brand Pregnancy Test 50 mIU
    e.p.t. + / - Test 50 mIU
    early Pregnancy test 50 mIU
    RiteAid Brand Pregnancy Test 50 mIU
    Target Brand Pregnancy Test 50 mIU
    WalMart Brand Pregnancy Test 50 mIU
    Walgreens Pregnancy Test 100 mIU

Of course it does not include all the tests we can get here, but does include the clearblue digital at 50mg, Just to make sure though that the mg level is the same here in Australia Tina, just check the box,,,it may very well be lower (only 25mg as MG said) here,,,not sure though?????? hhmm, now I am getting myself confused lol
    Anyway, I just copied the whole list as there are a few ladies from overseas who might be able to get the US tests where they are.
    Good luck Hun,

OMG,,,,,now I realise why MG and I got different sensitivity levels for the tests,,,,I was looking for the clearblue digital,,,,,,she was looking for the crystal clear digital ,,,,now I really feel like an airhead!! damn pregnancy brain kickin in! hehe

LOL! Don't blame yourself just yet! I could be confused! LOL! Damn preggie brain! I can't remember which one I used now! I'm all confused! Ah, whatever I had the prev thread about is what I used and it worked fine anyway! LOL!

Just a thought, can we have the list culled to just tests available in AU and any added and have this as a sticky some where please ..... (forgot who a moderator here is in this section).
    I think it would be very helpful

Just checked - I used "confirm" not "fortel" but looks like it still was a false faint line.
    Clearblue digital said "not pregnant" but still no AF. Chlomid probably didnt work AGAIN !!

Oh well, suppose we're still off to the IVF clinic tomorrow morning then!!

Thanks for all the info guys - will keep it all in mind for next month
    Last edited by teepee2; June 25th, 2006 at 09:56 PM.

honey. I hope you get a BFP really soon. Good luck with the IVF.

AF arrived today
    Having some test this week then scheduled to start IUI in August.
    Will have to keep that extra digital HPT for next time...

How cool would it be if there was a digital one that was reusable like a thermometer or glucose test kit - it would save us all a fortune.

ETA - maybe I will design one and make my fortune!

It sure would save as all an absolute fortune Taffy not to mention all the second guessing