Thread: Changed LP

Default Changed LP

Okay, I need some help and I hope someone may have some answers.

As most of you know we lost our baby in early March. I counted the first day of my cycle as the 12th of March as this was the day I had the d & c to remove my retained placenta.

I used opk's this cycle as I wanted to see what my body was doing. I received 2 lines on cd25 and cd26. Two lines for me in the past has always meant I am surging. I know this because I have conceived every time I bd on the days when I have two lines. I only ever get the two lines for 2 days of my cycle. Anyway that's another story, just trust me that two lines = ovulation for me. I used opk's from cd 14.

I had two days of scant brown loss on cd36 and cd37. AF arrived in full force on cd 38. So, I had a 37 day cycle and I ovulated on say cd 25. This means my LP was only 12 days. I always have a LP of 14-15 days. What do you think this could mean? Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

I hope someone can reply who can shed some light.

Many thanks,
    Deb

Not really sure deb, but i know that i have a different LP length nearly every cycle....

they say a healthy LP is atleast 10 days in length.

Consult your doctor if you would like to extend it.

There are some natural herbs you can take too

good luck!

Thanks for your replies.

I think I must have worded my question in a bit of a confusing way.

My LP is always 14-15 days.

Post loss it was 12 days.

I am not concerned that it is 12 days, that is within normal range.

I am confused, as I understood the LP remained fairly static for each woman.

I am wondering if other women have charted or used opk's post miscarriage/birth and had a LP which wasn't consistent with their norm?

Thanks so much everyone,
    Love
    Deb

As per my post above I am one that is TTC post m/c and as i said, my lutel phase is different every month...however i wasn't charting prior to my m/c, so can't answer it like you probably want....sorry

Hi Deb,
    Not sure about your question regarding LP (although I think it can vary a bit from month to month contrary to popular belief) but just wanted to pop in to say hi. I am very sorry to hear of your recent loss. It must be extra tough when it happens multiple times with no known reason. Let's hope that it's behind you now and you can move forward with a healthy pregnancy.
    Things have been not so great for me in terms of TTC. I have had to get assistance as I am not ovulating. Currently waiting for my AF to show so then I will start clomid . If it does not arrive soon I will have to take another medication (provera) to induce a bleed so start my cycle again. Very frustrating as I was hoping for things to be a little more straight forward without having to rely on medication (seems so unnatural). At least I know why I was having so much difficulty with those rotten OPK's. Anyway, if I wasn't TTC, life fantastic apart from that!!

Good to have your advice back on board BTW.

Thanks Shan and Bethany,

Bethany, I know it seems hard to need a 'bit of help' with meds. My next pregnancy I will be on daily injections - so very far from my past experiences being a very a' la naturel girl! I am hoping to hear soon that you are having a BFP. Yep, it has been a tough journey for us trying for a much wanted #5. But, I am determined and I feel sure that next time things will be much different. It seems that a minute clot may be forming in our babies cords. Let's hope the meds are the answer for me next time and for you on your road to conceiving your baby also. I have looked out for your Bethany and often wondered how you are doing.

Well, I phoned my ob yesterday as I thought I might as well go straight to the horses mouth. He said it is very 'normal' to have a luteal phase that varies a day or two. As you said Bethany generally people say it should be exactly the same each month and this is often the case but not always. Post partum he said, it is very normal to have a very long or a very short luteal phase. This is often indicative of having an annovulatory cycle. (I didn't know that!) He said it shows a healthy cycle to have the same LP each month and because I usually do he said he fully expects that within a cycle or two things will be back to normal. So, that is all good. He thinks that the positive opk showed the surge and that perhaps the egg didn't release or there wasn't enough progesterone production because I had just birthed. So, I hope this helps anyone else who may have a similar question.

As for those OPK's Bethany, didn't you ever manage a positive? I have never got a true positive but conceived every time I bd when I had two lines. I am hoping that I will conceive again really soon. I am 39 at the end of August - I don't want to leave it too much longer! Bethany one of my dearest friends had very long cycles and rarely if ever ovulated on her own. She conceived after 3 months of treatment. I think she tried clomid but they ended up using something else to stimulate her ovulation. (not ivf) She is about to start treatment again to conceive her third child. Her story sounds a little llike yours. We are so lucky to live in an age where there are options for women who have difficulty conceiving or for women like me that are having losses.

Anyway Bethany I wish you all the luck and positive thoughts I can muster. And you too Shan, I hope that you soon have a BFP with a sticky sticky baby.

Thanks again for your help,

Love and baby blessings,
    Deb