Thread: cheap but accurate?

carrie189 Guest

Default cheap but accurate?

does anybody know of a cheap but accurate HPT available in south australia??
    last time a pack of 2 tests set me back about $40!
    also which tests are best for 2 or 3 days before AF is due? it's so hard waiting!!

Carrie - jump online to lullayby conceptions (just add the dot com dot au bit) - they are a bargain - you can get a whole kit of them for $40! Best of luck for that BFP.

Lisa

yep, definitely go the lullaby conceptions. they are absolutely the best, very cheap and very accurate. i got a bfp on the super sensitive instream ones at 10 dpo. i wouldnt use any other brand for early testing.

good luck

Oh yeah I got my special BFP at 10dpo too with one of theirs!

Lullaby have a fast postage service as well so it doesnt matter where you are in Australia

Hi girls,

Sorry Have to say its just .com NO AU!! Thanks for the referals / Kind words.

Hi all,

Does it make a difference whether they are midstream or strips? Lullaby has both. Just wondering cos the strips are cheaper, and if they are just as effective...

Ta!

Prama, The 10miu ones if you get overnight postage cost $32 for 10. Jodie also has the 20miu ones - I am not sure what price they are as I am too anal to wait that bit longer! The 10miu ones come in a plastic casing and they can be kept for posterity! If you can't already tell I am a fan too.
    Good luck with your testing - hoping it's a for you!

Thanks Flowerchild, the lullaby ones are all 20miu, both midstream and strips, as far as I can see. If you use 20miu either midstream or strips, are they just as accurate? Either one doesn't make much difference?

Thanks! Hopefully this month!

Lullaby does sell 10miu tests as I said above. You may have to have another little look.

Hi girls,

The ovualtion tests - midstream and strip are both 20miu but
    the Pregnancy tests - Midstreams are 10miu and the Strips are 20miu.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Good luck

hi jodie, thanks for that.
    So I would assume the effectiveness of ovulation midstream and strips are just the same but just different methods of testing?

ta

They are both just different. Ovulation tests: The midstream ovulation tests mean you don't have to dip them in a cup you literally pee on the stick. The strips you have to dip the strip in the cup.

The pregnancy tests
    20miu you dip in the cup. The pregnancy test 10miu you can pee on the stick or dip in a cup. Obviously the 10miu one will show up a pregnancy earlier than the 20miu one but they are both very accurate.

thanks flowerchild!
    10 miu is more sensitive,then. I've been using Ovuplan OPK and that's about 45 miu. Gee what a difference!!

Prama - I think you may be a bit confused about what was posted.
    OPK _ ovulation test- These are 20miu. from Lullaby. YOu can get dip in the cup or pee on the stick varieties and they are all equally accurate. If you had a 10miu ovulation test you would get a positive and not be surging. I wouldn't think that a 10miu ovulation test could be found on the market for this reason.

The original poster was asking about pregnancy tests. These come in 10miu or 20miu from Lullaby.

oooh ok. Capiche!
    sorry abt all that.. It's my first time researching and using OPKs. Using them and maybe baby and monitoring mucus is very confusing!
    Thanks for helping me. Just ordered some from Lullaby!

Hi
    I found a really cheap test that seemed to work for me. They're called "Assurance Plus: Early Pregnancy Test" made by Integrated Sciences in Sydney in Wentworth phone 1800 252 204. They are in stream ones - and 2 of them were ony $13 (have caps).

I used one at 7 days -ve. Then at 10 days +ve. On day 13 I used a Clear Blue and it confirmed it. BFP on Day 14 confirmed pregnancy HCG 404 and P4101. Doctor says all's good.

Good luck
    Cia