Thread: Clear Blue Digital HPT

Default Clear Blue Digital HPT

Hi Everyone,

Asked DH to pick up a HPT for me since I couldn't get to the chemist in time and he came back with a clear blue digital one. Has anyone used these before? It seems pretty easy to use but am wondering how people have found them? I know the old Clear Blue ones have a good reputation but I've never seen these ones before?

Any thoughts or comments would be muchly appreciated.

MG

em.. Guest

Hey mothergoose,
    that is the one i used with out a problem,, the good thing is there is no trying to see the line, or determining if there is colour, or if it is an evap line... you either are or arnt...
    it is sensitive to 25mls i think...

good luck with testing...

liz

Thanks Liz! I love that it is actually really easy to use and it pops up with the answer as soon as it has determined the result! I was just a little unsure as I hadn't seen them around.

Percy Guest

Is this the one that is reuseable? Or am I just confused?

I think they're the ones that have the holder thingo (the bit that says 'pregnant' or 'not pregnant') that you can reuse several times?

em.. Guest

i am not sure, the one i had was not reusable..
    not sure now which brand it was now..
    but there was two tests which you use with the holder, then you have to start again, the test apparenlty only work with the holder in the box and you cant buy the test strips separately that i saw...

liz

You are 100% correct Liz! This test is not reusable. Once you use the two test strips that come with the digital component - it all gets thrown away. A waste really, but hey, I gues they have to get their money somehow! And at $24.95 a pop, they really are getting their money!

Just got this one today, luckily for less than $20. Easy to use, less of a risk of ruining the test with splash back on the underside (which I had with one type). Disappointed that replacement strips could not be bought. In this trying to be environmental friendly world I think it is a step backwards. From a marketing point of view bad, imagine once you have the digital reader then you would continute to buy the tests. So next time I am not sure sure I will get it again.

Good luck Astrid, I hope you get the result you want! I found it to be very easy to use. It was quick and the results were so easy to read - no guess work! It is a shame about not being able to get replacement testing sticks - especially since they have the digital OPK with replacement strips! But I am sure they will expand to that service soon enough!

Where did you get yours for less than $20? I am in Vic too and just curious...

Good luck once again!

kirsty Guest

I saw digital ones in Safeway the other nite for about $19.95.

MG - I used one of these after getting continually feint lines only on Fortel ultra sensitive even at 16 and 17 DPO (had a couple of spares that I used to see whether the line ever got any darker) - I wanted a definite answer one way or the other by 14 DPO - for me it was a BFP - don't know that they'd be much good before 14DPO though (that's when I used it - cause I'm sure it said to use it only once late)

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose
    Where did you get yours for less than $20? I am in Vic too and just curious...
    My Chemist, have a feeling it was an error though, as the shelf said about $25, but it scanned as about $20. It was the double pack. Feel like a dill though, I forgot that supermarkets sell kits, I wasted so much time waiting to be served in the chemist, but I am not sure what tests the supermarket sells.

I agree though it is good to have a definate answer. When I was pregnant with Maggie the line to ages to come up, even at the doctors, so my Dr thought I was not pregnant, but it finally appeared before the time limit.

I LOVE Clear blue. When I found out I was pregnant with Maddy, I had the old ones (with either - or +) but it came up with an immediate result, clear as day which i found better than trying to see whether it was a second line or your imagination with the other tests. I tested with Clear Blue at about 10DPO and it came up in 30secs, if that. The Fortel ones were very feint for a few days after that.

On a side note...how cool would one of the new Clear Blue ones with 'pregnant' in the display window look in a scrapbook? hehe Wish I'd kept mine....

Only displays for an hour , even if it did display longer the batteries would soon run out. Maybe take a photo next time?