Thread: Clearblue/ First Response Fertility Monitors

Question Clearblue/ First Response Fertility Monitors

Curious as to anyone that has used any of the two mentioned monitors: clear blue or first response. Any others? I think this whole TTC is taking too long. Looking at other options, see what happens when DH tells me to relax i have too much time on my hands!
    The monitors arnt available in AU as far as I know- are they?
    There is the consideration of purchasing more sticks to go with the monitors. I guess would be the same as purchasing normal OPks in regards to price but there would be in the inital outlay of the monitor.
    I thought i would share the information that i have found so far

Information I've found is:
    The Clearblue Fertility Monitor is the only fertility monitor based solely on hormone monitoring. It more accurately identifies more fertile days than any other method. It also unmistakably displays your personal level of fertility every day.
    Clearblue Fertility Monitor is easy to use, simply turn on the Monitor first thing each morning, perform a urine test if prompted by the monitor, and read your daily fertility status on the display screen.
    The Clearblue Fertility Monitor is only suitable for women whose natural cycle normally lasts between 21 and 42 days. The majority of women will need 10 Test Sticks in each cycle. However, women with irregular or long cycles may have to use 20 Test Sticks each cycle to detect their most fertile time.

Clearblue Fertility Monitor can maximise your chances of becoming pregnant by reliably indicating the days of your cycle when you are most likely to conceive - the days closest to when the egg is released from the ovary. This process is called ovulation. Making love on the day of ovulation or the days leading up to it gives you your best chance of conceiving.

Clinical data has shown that most conceptions resulted from making love during a 6 day period ending on the day of ovulation; making love at least once during this period will maximise your chances of conceiving. The chart below shows the probability of conception on days leading up to and including ovulation.

Data from 129 ovulatory cycles in which a single act of intercourse lead to pregnancy.Adapted from Wilcox AJ et al. Timing of sexual intercourse in to relation to ovulation. N Engl J Med 1995; 333(23): 1517-1521.

Most home ovulation tests identify the 2 Peak Fertility days during the cycle by detecting the surge in luteinising hormone (LH) that triggers ovulation. The Clearblue Fertility Monitor not only shows these 2 Peak Fertility days, but also identifies additional fertile days when you can conceive. By detecting a rise in estrogen, it can inform most women of an extra 5 days of High Fertility prior to their Peak Fertility days. This means that you know all the days on which making love is most likely to lead to conception. It also tells you on which days to test, so it's very easy to use.

The Clearblue Fertility Monitor also requires Test Sticks which are available seperately.

FIRST RESPONSE
    The First Response Fertility Monitor monitors natural changes in body temperature to identify fertile and infertile days during each monthly cycle. This monitor can be used to help plan pregnancy or for contraception without drugs or side effects.

Anyone at all.........??

Hi SS!
    I looked at the clear blue fertility monitor - the digital one that you can buy replacement sticks for. I think the monitor was a bi expensive for me but I liked that you could get replacement sticks for it. I think I saw it on Ebay and read some great responses from women who had used it. One said she got pregnant after the first month!

Good luck with it!

MG

richdi40 Guest

Hi Sunny Summer,

I was lucky enough to get given a ClearBlue Easy Fertility Monitor (CBEFM) from someone I chat to in the States.
    I think it is great and would recommend it to anyone. They r pricey and so r the sticks for the monitor, but so worth it.
    I have not become pg while using it, I have had a tubal reversal and am TTC TR baby #3,
    so I thought I would give the monitor ago. I was very lucky that another TR sister offered me the monitor free of charge .
    I became pg in May this year, but sadly m/c at 5.4 weeks on the 12th June, 06. I received the monitor after the m/c and have been using it for the past 3 cy's.
    U r right, they r not available yet in Australia, hopefully we will see how good they r and have them bought over here for us Aussie's to use
    on ur journey.

Richdi40