thread: difference between hpt and opk??

Jan 2009
    brisbane

difference between hpt and opk??

I have 1 test stick sitting in my cupboard and have no idea what it is. i don't want to use it as a hpt if it is an opk and get a false result.
    is there a way to tell the difference or am i just going to have to buy more?? i have been getting a few "symptom" and am a bit curious without getting my hopes up.
    help!!!

Oct 2006
    In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

what does it look like?

Oct 2010
    Europe

From what I've heard; Opks test positive in early pregnancy so I'd say use the test; whether it's a hpt or an opk; if it tests positive at this point in your cycle; there's a pretty good chance you're pregnant. You can always buy another test to confirm.
    Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...somebody please pry this phone from my clingy hands!!!

Jan 2009
    brisbane

jo its just a little dipper stick with blue at the top and blue writing. and has test and control on it.

zig the trouble is i also dont want to get a false neg.

Oct 2006

Pretty sure if its blue its HPT, the green ones are OPKs. Love how I know that off the top of my head.......

Jan 2009
    brisbane

thanks jo...

if it was a hpt it would be a first response one if that helps

might test in the morning... will be cd 30 and about 13dpo. i had severe dizziness and nausea at 8dpo. and some dizziness/lightheaded at 9 -10 dpo.

Oct 2006

Yep should be right goodluck!

May 2009
    Brisbane

What does the blue writing say? If it says hcg that would make it a hpt; if it says LH it would be an opk. If it says something else then I've got no idea!

Joeve, my green ones are hpts and my opks are pink. I guess that means it varies by brand...

Jun 2010
    District Twelve

It will often say on the black type on the outside of the package too.

Aug 2008
    qld

good luck hun xoxoxox

Mar 2011
    queensland

As juniper said - Mine always had LH on the stick if they were opks and hcg if they were preg tests.

Jan 2009
    brisbane

outside of pack just has lot number and expiry date. on stick just test and control.... thats why i dont' know.

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

May 2005
    in the national capital

Part of the batch number may also be the ARTG number (does it have Aust at the start?) if so google ARTG and then put the number following the AUST into the search box and it will tell you what you have.

Oct 2006

google pee sticks or perhaps countdown to pregnancy there are lots of gallery pics of both and you might be able to identify what you have? I have been playing in that land a bit the last few days checking out pee sticks....

Add TeniBear on Facebook Follow TeniBear On Twitter

Oct 2009
    Lalor, VIC

Could you take a photo and link to it?

Jan 2009

Did you test?

Jan 2009
    brisbane

no.... might in the morning .. i don't know if i should just wait a few days and see if af comes. i just think after 3 1/2 years i don't have much luck of it happening like this.
    i felt really off again this morning though. it happens between 9-11am and then im ok.... ahhhhh i hate my body

Oct 2006

Stalking... just saying