Thread: digital HPTs

Default digital HPTs

I've never seen any digital hpts in the shops. Where do you get them from? And are they more expensive/reusable? Are they more accurate do you think?

You can get them at the supermarket - coles, woolies.
    They are more expensive, dont remember the price tho! and are not reusuable.
    And more accurate?? I am not too sure. I guess they are simple because the say either pregnant or not pregnant. BUt when you pull out the cartridge, it still has the same double lines as a normal HPT would have. So it would still have to come down to how much hcg you have in your urine.

Hi LG!
    I have seen the digital tests in most chemists and supermarkets. I think they cost around $25. I haven't tried them yet, although I probably will. This month I have gone crazy with buying tests!!!!!! I'm addicted to it!!! I tested thismorning - BFN, but I am still hoping. I have 2 days til AF is due. How about you?

Today I also bought "Maybe Baby". Have you heard of it? It is an O test that you use your saliva on, It magnifies it and from the pattern witll tell you when you are fertile!!! Very exciting.

Baby dust to all the wonderful couples!!!!!!!! Crossing everything that we all gewt our long awaited BFPs!!!!!!

Hi!
    Yes I've seen the maybe baby, and I think I'll buy one next cycle (assuming there is a next cycle!). I don't even know if I O'd this last cycle, but I'm testing tomorrow.
    thanks for that info. If I see a digital hpt I'll probably buy it!!

Be aware that the Maybe Baby device doesn't work for everybody. I fell pregnant more quickly without it after having used it religiously for a few months. Check out ebay if you want to buy one, they tend to sell for a lot cheaper on there.

Digital HPTs are cheaper from the Chemist Warehouse, either a bricks and mortar store or online. They sell for around $17 there as against anywhere from $19 - $30 elsewhere.

They usually come with one or two tests and are not reusable after that. Don't be fooled into thinking that the two lines on the test are a BFP. There are almost always two lines on the test. The big thing is whether or not the test says Pregnant or Not Pregnant. They also aren't the most sensitive tests around so I wouldn't use them unless you're pretty sure. It's a lot of money to throw down the drain when you can get other tests at half the price.

Lisa

LG- Good luck with testing tomorrow!!! I am testing tomorrow as well.
    Hope you get your .

Thanks Kristabelle! Good luck for you too - wouldn't it be fantastic if we both got a BFP?!!!
    My DS is usually awake at 5am so I'll be testing early and posting the result in the TTC buddies 1-6m! I'll be looking out for a post from you too!

Can't wait to hear your results LG! I'll post mine in TTC 1-6mnths as well.

I bought mine from Safeway (Woolies) and it was a Clearblue (I think). It cost me about $18 or $19 for one digital bit and two dip sticks. They are not reusable. I liked the fact that it told me in words and I didn't have to "guess" at the lines. Whether or not it is more accurate, I have no idea - everyone has their own opinions about which HPT's are best. HTH

MG