Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discover HPT and faint line - Am I pg?

Default Discover HPT and faint line - Am I pg?

Hello girls
    I'm 12 DPO today and tested with SMU. There was a very faint line at the 3 minute mark, both myself and my partner saw it but I'm having trouble believing it so I wanted to see if any of you guys have had any experience with this test, does it give evaps so early? What level of hcg does it pick up? The box says 25 but I'm sure I read somewhere that it's less?! It seems to have colour to it, but it is very very faint.

So - any advice/comments on Discover??? I'd be very pleased to hear them - I'm going in for a blood test on Monday morning.

I used a couple of these and never got evap lines. If you are unsure, test in 2-3 days(easier said than done, i know!) if it's positive, the line should be darker. Goodluck, i hope it is a BFP for you!

I haven't heard of Discover giving an evap line. I think Kathryn (Astrolady) used these tests when she was TTC and swears by them, (Kathryn correct me if I am wrong and sorry if i am )

It defintiley sounds promising for you. As Tegan has said maybe test in another couple of days and see if the line becomes stronger. Good luck, I really hope you are announcing a BFP soon.

Fingers crossed that it is a again for you with the blood test on Monday

Im not sure about that particular test. There was a mention of false positives a little while ago on here. perhaps a little look around this thread might uncover them. Dont want to stress you or anything

I know if it was me, i would be buying every differnet brand and have them all stuck in the pee cup.

Good Luck xooxox
    Summer

Test again for sure! Fingers crossed for more double lines!

I used them and have never had an evap line. This pregnancy I was getting a faint line with them about 12-13 dpo but definitely a line. By 16 dpo it was dark.
    I bet you're pregnant, it sounds like it!
    Congrats

Hi,
    Have you tested again???
    I have written a thread in BB about these tests. They have a problem with giving disappearing positives. Not all batches. Some women have used them without any problems but some women (ME!!!) have got a positve only to see it disappear minutes to hours later.
    There is much on the internet re these tests and they are sold under different names. I can't remember the supermarket brand now that is the same test sold under a different name. It will be in the thread I wrote but I don't know how to give you the link.
    Anyway my hope for you is by now you have a big fat dark line.
    Let us know!
    Hugs.

Hello ladies,
    I wrote that post awhile ago - not sure whether I had an evap/miscarriage or what on my hands, but AF did arrive

I'm now in the same situation again - I've taken three discover hpt's (Not the one step's that are supposed to be sensitive ones - just the regular dip style Discovers) and there was a faint line yesterday at the three minute mark (11DPO) and I did another test with FMU today and there was another faint line at the 1 minute mark - I looked at the third test and there was ALREADY A LINE ON THE DAMN THING!!! I rang the company and she said as long as the lines are pink - I'm pg - however it's really hard to tell if it was pink or not - and now the lines have disappeared - That's why I'm writing this, I see that Flowerchild mentioned disappearing +ives and wondered if that means they're +ive or negative?!?!
    I'm having alot of trouble mentally going through this month after month - lines showing up and then AF coming - it's so heartbreaking and I'm sitting here crying cos I just, I just can't do this any more I don't want to waste any more money buying more hpt's but I guess I'll have to - anyone have any suggestions for reliable hpt's that will show up something by now (I'm 12DPO) I've got a digital waiting, but I wont use it til I get a decent line on another hpt...

Bec

I was wondering how you went. I am so very sorry that this has happened to you. I personally wouldn't touch Discover with a barge pole. My experience was harrowing. There is a thread on BB about my experience and I really don't know how to find it. Basically they will go positive and then disappear. The company says that they are only to be regarded as positive if they stay positivae for 48 hours. mmmm... If you get a disappearing positive it is to be regarded as a negative.
    Truly the best thing is to wait for another couple of days. I use Lullaby hpts now as I have never had any problems I don't know which one I would buy at the pharmacy. I am sure some of the women will have some suggestions.
    Hugs again. I hope this is a real bfp for you.

Oh Bec I really hope it is a BFP for you!

Ok should I run to the pharmacy now and get another hpt (I'm thinking pregnosis) or wait? I WANT to go get one so badly - but I don't want to see the results LOL

Should I stay or should I go?

I vote for GO

LOL I was so hoping someone would!

I'll go as soon as DS wakes from his nap (Though he's been asleep for AGES, I might wake him just so he'll sleep tonight - and I'll test when I come home (Before DH gets home from work!)

BBS!

Bec

I'll test in about 20 or so minutes

Wish me luck and bfp vibes

loads of bfp vibes coming through now!!!!

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

I haven't spoken with you before, but I am sending lots of BFP vibes your way, and hanging on the edge of my seat to see if it is a +ve!!!!!

Oh I'm so excited - sending lots of BFP vibes to you!

Ok I took a pregnosis - I let it sit and didn't look til about 4 minutes - I see a line - but it's so damn light!

Must be too early to be picking anything up worth telling about...

Any of you ladies taken pregnosis before? Has it always had a line/dye well/evap in the time limit?

Just after ten minutes - I just took a picture so i can look at it on the computer - my eyes suck, but when I took another look at the test, the line is (I think) faint blue!!! OMG! I'm scared.....

If you wanna see the pic, I'll post it.

Bec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast