Thread: Do you still get your period if you don't ovulate

Default Do you still get your period if you don't ovulate

Hi there,

Question. Got my period two weeks ago. Went to the gyno on Feb 19th. Had a day 20 ovulating blood test. Rang Dr yesterday and he said I didn't ovulate.

So my question is if you haven't ovulated, why did I get my period. Do you still get your period if you don't ovulate.

Yes, a woman can have a period without ovulating......women on the pill still get a period yet dont ovulate.....this obv doesnt relate to you, but it could also have something to do with hormone level....its good your seeing someone about it all. GOod luck !!!

Hi Mbear,

Thanks for getting back to me. It's doing my head in.
    I had a M/C April last year and we just can't seem to get it right at the moment.

I am getting depressed about it actually. I just wish it was easy to conceive. Hopefully the Gyno will have some magic .

you can definitely still have a "cycle" without ovulating (known as anovulatory cycle) - basically your body goes through all the hormonal fluctuations but no egg is released. they're not that common but they do happen

talk to your gyno about your next steps - if you're not ovulating each cycle, it's going to be damned hard to conceive again! good luck

BG

Yes, I had my period every 28 days and wasn't ovulating.

I was having cycles anywhere from 4 weeks to 7 weeks, always different, and was not O'ing at all. yes its possible. Are you charting? That can give you a bit better idea...

Just wanted to give you a . I know the pain of not being able to concieve quickly after a m/c and I feel your pain.

As other have said, you can still get periods without ovulating. The period you got 2 weeks ago is from a different cycle. The Day 20 test is testing O for this cycle. It is possible that you just haven't O yet - doesn't necessarily mean that it is not happening.

How long are your cycles?

Also, BT are not always accurate and can miss O as hormone levels do fluctuate. I had 5 separate tests - both BTs and ultrasound - all in the one cycle - all said I wasn't O'ing. FS said it wasn't going to happen and I was unlikely to concieve again (after a m/c) without fertility treatment. Anyway, I found out 3 days later than I was 3 and a half weeks pregnant - the tests missed it all. I have a DS as proof that the tests are not full proof.

You have concieved before so yes, it can happen - but yes it can take time and be a painful journey.

Wishing you all the best and lots of babydust.

TICKLISH

Hi there,

Well my cycles have been really weird. For the past two months I have been having 1 day periods. Then this month I had a full one. Went to the gyno and we did another U/S and he said you haven't ovulated yet, but he could see it in the scan. Well today egg white mucus arrived.

We BD on Monday, Tuesday and going to do it tonight. How long does sperm last inside. I hope I haven't missed again this month. The Gyno advised me to go and see F/S in Adelaide called Repromed. He said that cause I got pregnant he doesn't seem to think I will go down the IVF way. He said that they have other things they could help me with like O' tests to see how many eggs I have left etc.

Oh well we will see. I know I am 42 which doesn't help. But I have to think positive and I feel it's going to happen soon.

thanks for responding girls.

Default *sob*

Hi there,

DH and I have been trying to get pregnant for around 7 months now. A lot shorter than some ladies, I know, but it feels like two lifetimes to us!

We've been doing everything right - not a drop of alcohol, limiting my beloved coffee, no Pill, lots of sex, eating right, etc etc etc ... Nothing.

So last month, basically as soon as I finished my period, I started doing those ovulation tests (the pee on a stick ones) basically every day. NONE of them came back positive!!

What the??

My period is irregular, and someone said to me that ladies with irregular periods sometimes don't ovulate every cycle.

Is that true?

I raised it with the Doctor today (had to go in for something unrelated) and she basically brushed me off, saying that I'm very young and have plenty of time (I'm 27, but since then does it mean I want to be a monther less?) and that it doesn't matter, when you've been trying for less than a year.

HELP! This is doing my head in.

Hi there peanutter,

I know how you fell I am 42 and is struggling. Like i said I know I can get pregnant it's all to do with timing. I only have one cup of coffee a day, the odd drink. But I did that before as well and go pregnant.

So if I were you and you are not happy with what the DR told you. I would go to another DR for a second opinion. You don't want to leave it too long or else it will be to late or hard like what I am going through.

It will happen for you I am sure.

I hope this helps.

C

Default ovulating and periods

Hi
    I spent last year thinking I was going crazy when every ovulation test I tried never pinpointed a positive. After waiting 5 months I got in to see a fertility expert - who after doing an ultrasound said that I had I don't ovulated as my ovaries were entirely covered with cysts, and cysts on cysts. I was diagnosed with PCOS. We went straight to surgery where he driled holes into in ovaries, in 50% of cases for some reason this kick starts ovulating, and it did for me, I've not had a period since and am pregnant. (My friend joked that if all those eggs have been waiting 20 years to get out I could have more than I bargained for).

All my life I had awful periods, sometimes every two weeks, sometimes i'd find blood pouring down my leg after only two hours (and a super pad and an super tampon). I'd seen doctors - but it was finding the right one. Obviously it is different for everyone, and I am certainly no doctor - but it is worth checking it out.

Hi Kirstinbokor,

I went to the gyno and he said that I had cyst 3cm. He isn't to fussed about it. That was while I was in Berri. Now I am back in the city I have made an appt with FS and see what they suggest. They are going to do a test to see how many eggs I have left. My appt is in May. So I gather I have to wait and see.

My period has been o.k so far. It was weird for a couple of months and now it's back to normal.

I hope you are well.

Take care Connie

Hi

I went to my gyno on thur and he said he thinks i am having af but not ovu so yes it is

possible mine are all over the place not very regular atm at all .

just wanted to let you know not to 100% trust those ovulation tests.. the month DD was conceived I never got a positive ovulation test