Thread: Dodgy HPT????

Default Dodgy HPT????

Ok so actually i don't want to be pregnant. DH had a vasectomy in august but apparently you have to wait until so many ejaculations until all clear. i hadn't had my period since having oscar (and didn't get a period after my other 2 boys - Josh was 2 and Zak was about 3 years old) so wasn't worried. anyway i got my period very early after having oscar on the 14th october (he was 16 months old) but haven't had another one since. i did 2 HPT one showed a very very faint positive and then the next was negative. so i just took it as a dodgy test and that it was negative BUT now it has been 7 weeks since my period.

So i guess my question is has anyone else had this sort of experience AND has anyone heard of getting a false positive?

thanks so much
    beckles

Hi Beckles, they always say a line is a line... Maybe test again, or go and get a blood test to find out for sure! I just want a second line lol!

Good luck!

oh i know alot are wanting a positive and i really was hesitant about posting cos i don't want one and don't want to offend people but i hope you get that positive soon.

i have booked in for dr on wed (earliest appointment!) for bloods then.
    beckles

Hello Beckles
    I recently had a false positive at CD7. I had felt sick as a dog and really wasn't surprised that two lines came up despite it being very early. DH saw it and we both got really excited as I had m/c in Septmeber. However, I had negative after negative and then my period arrived. I am not sure if it was a chemical pregnancy.

Let us know how you go.

Beckles, what brand were you using?

I know a line is a line, but unfortunately it doenst always mean that your pregnant. Ive had two experiences of having very very faint + on hpt , which both havnt resulted in a pregnancy. Another BB girl who used the same brand, batch number had the same happen too.