Thread: early detection tests

chris74 Guest

Default early detection tests

Hello,

Im just wondering if any of you have used the early detection tests (they say you can test 5-7 days after conception) and got a BFN when testing before AF was due, but then got a BFP after AF was due? Im just clutching at straws here, but I have tested at 11dpo using early detection tests, but BFN. Im just hoping its too soon even though the tests say they can show early pregnancy results.
    Christine

Hi Chris,
    Yes, there are women who detect pregnancy very early using these tests however the later you test the more likelihood of an accurate result.

With my third child I didn't get a positive until the day after my period was due. With 2 of my pregnancies I received a feint positive around 10dpo. Each woman and each pregnancy is different...

On average pregnancies implant around 5 - 7dpo. However, this isn't set in stone and some pregnancies will implant sooner and others later. Your body will not have any detectable hcg until implantation has occured. Remembering that conception occurs in the fallopian tubes and then the cluster of cells that are a baby travel down to the uterus and embed. Not until this embedding or implantation has happened will there be hcg. It then takes about 36 hours for hcg to be detectable in urine (it is detectable in your blood sooner). Then the hcg has to reach a level that the test you have chosen can detect.

So, you can see from all of that you would be very lucky to detect a pregnancy as early as 9dpo and more likely to detect around 12dpo even with the early detection tests.

I have fingers crossed for you for a positive soon.

goldilocks Guest

Hi Chris!

I got a BFN at 10DPO on an early detection test...but I didn't have implantation until 12DPO so that was why! I got a BFP at 14DPO, when AF was due.

Good luck getting a BFP!!!

Love
    Belle
    -xxxooo-

chris74 Guest

thanks for your quick replies, so would that mean that you wouldnt get any symptoms until after implantation too? I pray that this is our month, but if not, we will keep trying.

goldilocks Guest

No, it's possible to get symptoms earlier. I had pretty much written myself off for that cycle, convinced that I wasn't pregnant, so I wasn't really paying attention to my symptoms! But I do remember sitting at work feeling queasy, somewhere around a week after ovulation. And my symptoms just got stronger from then. I remember waking up one morning (before my BFP) and almost tripping over my bb's because they'd grown so much! LOL

I hope it's your month!

Love
    Belle
    -xxxooo-

chris74 Guest

thanks again,

Well I have been feeling queezy for a few days now, and Im not sure if its in my head or what. Plus I have been getting regular headaches. apart from that no sore bbs.

Ill wait and see, I think sat or sun is when Af is due.

Good Luck Chris74 when you do test, i hope that you do get your BFP

Chris,
    How a woman reacts to the change in hormone that pregnancy brings dictates how severe and when symptoms like nausea occur.
    Some women experience symptoms very early when there would be little hcg and other women (like me!) experience very little nausea at all. The progesterone levels of the second half of your cycle can sometimes produce nausea for some women too...
    I hope you have conceived a little munchkin - please keep us posted.