Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Faint BFPs, your experiences please!

Default Faint BFPs, your experiences please!

Hi, I have been having faint BFPs since Saturday afternoon, they come up within the timeframe but they are, well, faint. I've had 5 of them, with 4 different brands (the Crystal Clear on Sunday was the darkest).

AF was due on Saturday or Sunday so I am well and truly overdue, and think something is definitely going on. To be honest I am expecting a chemical pregnancy.

Just wondering if you've experienced this and what was the eventual result.

With DS I did 2 test the same brand. The first was very faint. I wasn't due for AF for another week, so I was only just pg. That's why it was faint - low levels of hcg. The second I did 2 days later. Still faint, but I kinda knew I was pg & I'm pretty sure you are too.

Congrats!

I was 4 days late - doc needed to get out his magnifying glasses to try to see the line.

Now i am 14 weeks!

My experience with faint lines is not positive I'm afraid. I've had 4 pregnancies but only 1 that's gone past 5 weeks. With the early losses my HPTs were really faint and did not get darker as the days went on. With one of the pregnancies I got a negative result in the middle of 4 positive ones (two + one - two +) - I then tested positive with a BT but the HCG had halved two days later so we knew what to expect.

With this pregnancy I had a faint positiveHPT 7 days after O so at about 20dpo and by the next day it was a very clear positive.

I have seen lots of ladies with faint + HPTs that have gone on to have healthy pregnancies, this is just my experience with them.

I'd suggest you head off to your GP for a BT and ask what your HCG level is when you get your results so you can compare it to the next one if it is positive (and I hope it is).

Best of luck.

i had a really faint bfp line that resulted in my now 8 month old ds!

I had faint pos from 11 dpo and they didn't get that much darker all the way up 5wks and we have a happy healthy baby girl. I d say congratulations!!!!

Sorry to say that my faint BFP was followed by my late, slightly heavier than usual period a couple of days later. I genuinely believe that I was pregnant (my breasts were very tender and swollen and I just generally felt different) but it didn't "stick".

The very next month I got pregnant with DS and this time with no symptoms at all, I took the leftover test from the month before after my period was 4 days late, just to rule pregnancy out. I was busy getting ready for work at the same time and I nearly fell over when I strolled back into the bathroom to see a very definite, dark BFP.

Thanks ladies! I am now about 3 or 4 days late for my period and have definitely been feeling pregnant, so I think I probably am, I am very regular. Hopefully it will be a sticky one and not an early loss.

I hope so... Good luck!!

No great news here either - this happened to me (lots of faint pos around and after AF due) and it was a blighted ovum

It's really hard to say, can go either way as you can see here some women never get a dark line and all is ok. I knew instinctively that something was wrong with that pregnancy, from day dot. Just knew
    Good luck

For those of you who turned out to have a chemical pregnancy or blighted ovum, when did AF turn up?

I had another faint bfp (a little darker though) this morning, but a BFN at the doctor's office (have now had a BT).

And still no sign of AF.

Saly I'm really hoping its an extra sticky bubs!!!

I had very faint BFP at 9dpo & they were faint for about a week after that, some brands were fainter than others. I think I have pics in my gallery.

Hoping all turns out perfect for you hun!!

ETA heres the link for my pic, the top test being the first I did. I hope the link works for you, I've never done it before LOL
    http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...67&ppuser=6494
    Last edited by ~breeze~; June 11th, 2008 at 05:33 PM.

Hi Dannielle

The top two are about as dark as yesterday's and this morning's. I just looked at all mine again, and realised that they do seem to be getting darker, even if they are faint. The first one was so faint you'd almost miss it, the Crystal Clear + test is pretty clear (but faint) and the last 2 mornings are pretty easy to see.

Still not hopeful enough to put a ticker up though!

woohoo
    You just put a smile on my face girlie!!! YAAYY!!

Thanks Kim, I just hope it sticks!
    (and I have decided to put up a ticker, I decided I may as well enjoy it while it lasts!)

Quote Originally Posted by SallyJ View Post
    For those of you who turned out to have a chemical pregnancy or blighted ovum, when did AF turn up?

I had another faint bfp (a little darker though) this morning, but a BFN at the doctor's office (have now had a BT).

And still no sign of AF.
    It didn't - I got to what should have been 7 weeks and I'd started to spot and as I said earlier just knew something wasn't right...so I demanded a scan which confirmed it. Then I had a D&C.

Sorry to be so depressing! ... I hope your story has a better ending!

Thanks Tobily. I hope so too. I guess BT results tomorrow will give me an idea either way.

Sorry for your loss. Did you have all the usual symptoms etc till the spotting?
    Last edited by SallyJ; June 11th, 2008 at 10:42 PM.

Not really...that's how I knew something was wrong. I'd already had my DD when this happened and with her, I had been sick as a dog from 6w to the day, tired, bloated, hungry etc. With the blighted ovum I just didn't feel any of those things. By 7 weeks when I still didn't feel pregnant and was having this light spotting, I decided it had to be looked at further.
    It really was just a gut feeling.
    Good luck with your blood test tomorrow I'm sure it will be good news...I hate posting in threads like this because I don't like to bum people!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast