Thread: Faint + Twice But Only 1 Day Late!??

neat Guest

Default Faint + Twice But Only 1 Day Late!??

Hi y'all,

Well my cycles are pretty irregular and since coming off the pill I haven't had 'proper' ones...until last month, when I got really bad period pains like I used to get prior to going on the pill. So I assumed my cycle was finally settling down... (Jan = 32 days, Feb = 38, Mar = 31). So we kept ttc and I had lots of ewcm on day 20 of this cycle (25 April) so we went for it (iykwim!!).

To cut a long story short, I took a hpt on Sunday (day 32) and got a faint positive - didn't have to squint like in previous months and you could hold it at arm's length and still see it (just!). So was really happy and cried with emotion blah blah blah... but thought - hmm, don't think AF due till tues (day 34 - took this as average over previous mths but not definite it IS 34!).

So I tested again yesterday (Tues - day 34) and got ANOTHER faint positive - very very very slightly fainter than Sunday's but still + all the same :-) But me and DH are bit nervous about celebrating and don't know if should test again next week...? I mean, I'm definitely pregnant aren't I? I'm just paranoid about losing it and having AF late (been so desperate for this bub...) and, if it was up to me, I'd test every week till 40 weeks, haha!

So what I really want to know is:-

(1) I am definitely pg aren't I? (I've had tender tingling boobies / nipples and funny crampy pains in lower belly, sometimes on left, sometimes in middle);

(2) Should I test again next week? My doc has taken my word for it and said I don't need to come in, just make an appointment with midwife at 10-12 weeks, but I want to see her now to put my mind at rest!!

(3) How do I tell how far gone I am? Lots of the "due date calculators" on the internet don't give you the option of entering your cycle date, so if these are based on 28 days then I'll be a few days "less" pregnant won't I? If you take the first day of my last period it's 5 weeks tomorrow, but whereas normally you knock 2 weeks off and say "ok you're actually 3 weeks since conception" I may be only 2 and a bit weeks since conception - how old is my baby / embryo and how far gone am I and is it the same thing??

AAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

PS - how soon can we start celebrating without tempting fate? (am pretty sure I've had 2 chemical pregnancies in the past...).

PPS - How soon should we tell our family? I can't wait till the first scan!!

Thanks and sorry for waffling :-/

Neat xxx

Neat, I would say that you are definately pg. CONGRATS hun. I gpt positives for my 1st pg even before I was dur for AF. As for how far you are I would say roughly 3 weeks, however I'm sure it would be calculated more as 4.5 weeks. Test again next week if you feel the need to, but your just going to get another BFP

goldilocks Guest

Hi Neat!

I'd definitely say you are pregnant. As they say, a line is a line!!!

I have done two completely different HPT's this morning and both came back positive...I can see the lines from at least a few metres away It's funny because I got a BFN at 10DPO (am at 14DPO today).

I think you should go the doctor to confirm. I'll be doing the same in the next few days!

As for your symptoms, they definitely sound like PG symptoms to me. I don't really have any apart from BBs that just keep growing and growing! LOL

Let's hope that we're going to be belly buddies!!!

Lots of love,
    Goldilocks
    -xxxooo-

Neat,
    Congratulations honey I would say you are PG, but I would still be going to my GP to confirm, then while you are there you can get answers to any questions you might have.
    Goodluck Sweetie let us know how you go

neat Guest

Wow didn't expect such quick replies! Thanks guys (must be due to the time difference - i posted that last night then went to bed, and i'm in bed now drinking my decaf coffee and slurping my actimel at 7.15 am, reading all your lovely messages!).

So when you say I'm 3 wks pg is that my fetal age? cos it's normally 2 wks less than your gestational age isn't it? but obviously that's for people who conceive 2 wks post-af, so my gestational age could perhaps be almost 3 wks plus my fetal age cos i conceived 20 days post-af...?

correct me if i'm wrong but i understand gestational age to be how pg you tell people you are, and how you work our your due date - so on a 28 day cycle you could be 6 wks pg (gest) but only 4 wks pg (fet), whereas i would be 6 wks pg (gest) but only just over 3 wks pg (fet)???

gosh this is getting mighty confusing!! thanks again and congrats on your bfps too - would love to be belly-buddies please!! (can't talk to any of my mates with kids about this as not telling anyone yet! figure will wait till next week, do another hpt, see the doctor / midwife and then tell family).

neat xxx

PS - sounds crazy but i'm actually looking forward to getting morning sickness as it will mean i'm still pg and apparently people with m/s have less miscarriages as it's your body's natural defense mechanism or sth...

goldilocks Guest

Hi Neat!

I'm not sure about gestational age v fetal age...this is all new to me! Have you worked out your due date yet?

I just figured out my due date online (did a search in Yahoo for due date calculator). I also manually calculated my due date using a normal calendar. I'm almost 100% certain I ovulated on CD15 and am now on CD29 (I have a 14 day luteal phase). So I'm 4 weeks pg today

I too am not telling anyone yet. Want to have a doctor's confirmation first! And I certainly know what you mean about m/s. Today is the first day that I've been feeling funny in the tummy. Apart from that, my only symptom is that my BBs are growing! LOL

Lets hope that both our bubs stick!!! Looking forward to sharing the journey with you

Love
    Goldilocks
    -xxxooo-

neat Guest

Thanks again guys... Goldlilocks, let's see which of us gets nausea first eh?! hehe. emma - that'd be great please. as i said in my first post, i think my cycle only sorted itself out last month as i had "proper" period pains. my last period was 6 april, i'm pretty sure i o'd on 25 april (cd20) cos i had lots of ewcm, and i'm not sure of my luteal phase as don't think cycle sorted itself out till last month (plus my dh's pc crashed and lost jan and feb's charts!!). what's the norm for a 32 / 33 day cycle (which i think i may have)?

sorry got to rush to work now! will have think about luteal phase and get back to you if i come up with anything! surely i'm 5 wks pg cos it's been 5 wks since last period...?

Neat xxx

goldilocks Guest

Hi Neat!

LOL Yes, we'll see who gets :ms: first! I have been feeling queazy on and off during the day for the last week and a half. Nothing too bad though...yet!

My last AF was on 13 April and I definitely O'd on 27 April...so I think that makes me 4 weeks and 1 day today I'd say that you're 5 weeks and 2 days because your last AF was on 5 April. As Emma said, you can find out your EDD online. Just do a search in Google or something for 'due date calendar'.

When are you going to the doctor for a blood test, Neat? I went this morning so I should get the results back by 8:00pm tonight. I did another HPT this morning and it was darker than yesterday I showed all 3 of my HPTs to the doctor this morning and he said yup, I'm pregnant! Will be interesting to see what my HCG levels are...

Let us know how you go!!!

Love,
    Goldilocks
    -xxxooo-

Oops, just realised your last AF was on 6 April, not 5! I think that makes you 5 weeks and 1 day then!