Thread: Faint +ve on OPK

Default Faint +ve on OPK

Hi All,
    I just did an OPK and I tested a faint positive. I know that the paperwork indicates that anything fainter than the control band is considered as a Negative but with my last pg (ended in m/c), I tested faint positive and fell pg. I'm just wondering if this is the case with anybody else?

Hi Jayne...

Last cycle, I got nothing or very faint lines on my opks until the day b4 O... I tested with my last opk and it was -- but almost as dark as the control.

This cycle I was getting opks that were quite dark for over a week until I finally got a ++.

Tanya

Hi Jayne,
    Many women don't get a true positive, and are fertile and get pregnant.

I have never once got a true positive, for me once I get a second line that is my surge. I bd and usually fall pregnant. (Please [-o< let that be so again soon...)

I used Fortel for a couple of months only managing a feint second line. It was a costly exercise! I held off doing the BD as I wanted to do the deed on or close to ovulation to enhance my chances of conceiving a boy. Well after a few cycles of not falling pregnant I got some bloods taken. I was ovulating... 8-[

I then decided to buy my opk's on line to save money. I bought from Lullaby. Again I only got a feint second line. I phoned the company and she explained that this is the case for some women. She suggested I bd, I did and I conceived. I researched this a lot. There are many women who have this.
    So, my advice is:
    - bd every night for three nights once you start to see a second line
    - Ensure you limit your fluid intake for the couple of hours prior to testing.
    - Ensure you test at the same time each day
    - Ensure you hold your urine for at least 2 hours prior to testing
    - 2pm is thought to be the optimal time to test - however this is not so for everyone!
    -If you get a feint line at 2pm test again at 8pm.

Just a note - I believe some tests will show a feint second line all the time. Lullaby did a controlled study and women using their tests only got a feint second line just prior to surging or during the surge. This will be helpful for women like us who don't get a true dark positive line. I have tried testing 3 times a day standing on my head :-k and I still don't get a true positive. Also, if you are on clomid you must remember that it is likely you will get a false positive if you test within 3 days of having your last clomid dose.

I wish you luck and healthy babies!

Love,
    Deb

Hi Deb,
    Thanks for that info, it really has helped.
    I have been testing at 10:30 every morning as the instructions say between 8am - 8pm, this morning it was still faint but still two lines. I am going with my gut instinct that I"m about to surge, I'll keep testing until Day 19 which is the day I O'd in my last cycle. I def fell pg last time reading faint lines so I was still fertile. I just wanted to know if anybody else was the same. Looks like it was. I have registered negatives before as well so that almost elminates it registering regardless of if I was fertile or not.
    I'm right there with you about it being a costly exercise. I paid $19.95 for 5 tests and 1 pg test. It came in a bundle. If I don't fall this month I'll be buying them online in future. One lady on here said she was getting OPK's for 30c each! How insane!
    In the meantime I'm having a huge bdfest! LOL.
    THanks so much for your info and good luck with your journey. Keep in touch!
    Jayne

Hi Deb,
    Just thought I'd let you know that the OPK is much darker today and more consistent with my temp charting and CM. So the tests must be quite sensitive and can trace when you're about to surge.

That sounds good!

Let's hope that soon you get a positive HPT!

Love to you,
    Deb

Well I must admit it's going to be very frustrating to put all of this effort in to pinpoint the exact time to conceive and it not happen. Last two times I have half-hearted tried and fallen pg but I just know that this time I will have gone the extra mile and not be rewarded for my efforts. IYKWIM.

Awww I hope that your efforts are rewarded and soon... Just keep in mind however the egg meets sperm isn't as simple as we sometimes think. Sometimes even though we time it all perfectly the egg isn't quite fresh enough or the sperm didn't have enough bounce in their step iykwim?

It will happen and using opk's gives you an even better chance (I beleive). When I started using opk's I realised that I ovulate much later in my cycle than I thought. So, that is some of the reason why I didn't conceive as quickly as I thought I would. Once I used opk's you couldn't hold me back!

I feel a bit like you do though. What if it's not that easy this time. Have faith and trust it will. It will!

Love Deb

Deb,
    Awww, thanks chooken.
    It's really a catch 22 situation and like you said, the whole chemistry has to be exactly perfect. There are somethings in which we simply cannot control. But it's fun in the process and if I end up with a BFN, then so be it! I'll just have to try even harder next time!
    Are you trying for another one?

Deb
    I owe you a MASSIVE apology. I just read your heart-breaking story in the M/c forum.
    I'm so truly, truly sorry.
    You're an absolutely couregous woman to go through what you did all alone.
    Huge HUGS to you my friend.
    Jayne