Thread: False positives??

elise1888 Guest

Default False positives??

I was wondering if any of you have had false positives on HPT??
    I think i may have gotten one yesterday. I dod the test and it was negative, went back to sleep and it came up positive (after about an hour).
    This has happenned to me before and it turned out i was pregnant, but it was a different test. And i did another HPT this morning and it was a BFN. It is still early days, but i dont think i am pregnanct. Just wondering if you girls have had simular experiences, or know anything??

Kim

Hi,

I know that most of the test state that results should not be read after 10 minutes. So after an hour maybe thats what can happen?
    Play it safe and hold out till AF is due & test again. But I wouldn't rely on the result being accurate after an hour. Hope you do get your though.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Just to add my friends recent experience

She recently got negative POAS two days in a row but positive 3rd day and I told her to check the bin again - the negatives had turned faint positive.

The day - before her HCG blood test of over 200 - her POAS was negative but later turned positive (when she checked the next day).

The same thing happened to another lady I know - but test again with your first morning urine to be sure -it's most concentrated.

Fingers crossed.

Fiona - how is your sister doing ? I think about her often.

She is a s well as can be expected. She still has no clear answer on needs to happen with her cervix & the abnormal cells. We are assuming that she isn't going to be told she will need to terminate to have the surgery as they haven't said anything yet. she is about 8 weeks preg now & will be close to 12 when she goes in to have a camera out up there to look at the cervix so until then she is just chucking her guts up & I think also is rather paranoid about seeing blood when she goes to the loo which I guess is normal after a M/c.

Oh & Congrates on the TWINS! Wow. I found out I am pregnant today too!

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

congratulations Fiona =D> on your BFP - how far are you ?

Kim, did you get that web site I was talking about?
    If not, I now have a link to it on my web site (see the www button at the bottom of my post)

Tanya

congrats fiona...another bfp for feb!!!

now kimm, last month i had 4 positive hpts and i wasnt pregnant. dont take them for bible otherwise you turn yourself into a wreck. wait til its a safe time to test and if you still dont get a conclusive answer go an get a bt.

Definitely test first thing in the morning and try buying a diff test too

good luck hun!!!

I would only be 4 or 5 weeks. I worked out the EDD as the 28th of October, DH's Birthday! I will go to the Dr next week, or when I get around to it lol.