Thread: Help - different results from different HPT

Default Help - different results from different HPT

Hi Everyone,

Was hoping some lovely ladies out there could have some advice for me. I am currently 13 dpo, and on 11dpo I used a HPT (Confirm Early brand) which resulted in a very very very faint second line. Not sure what to make of it as it said any line should be considered as a positve. Anyway, tested again yesterday (12dpo) with a First Response One Step brand that came back negative. Grr - mixed results! Has anyone else experienced this?

Your advice would really be appreciated?

Have a look on the boxes & see how much HSG each measures. Some are more senstive than others, so maybe the first one picks up on less HSG than the second one IYKWIM.

Yes, this has happened to me. I tested at 11DPO with Confirm and had feint positive. Tested 2 days later (13DPO) with another brand (Can't remember which but it was the pee in a cup then dip a stick kind) and it was negative. Tested later that day and still negative. Used Confirm again at 14DPO and it was a BFP.

Try Confirm again. I've got my fingers crossed for you.
    Debbie

Fire Fly Guest

Yep, FionaJill got two different results with #2. I agree with angel, get Confirm again and re do the test.

Thanks for all your advice guys - I couldnt find the Confirm brand in the supermarket anymore so I got a Fortel one - will keep you posted.

Good luck Diamond. As some of the others have said different brands measure different amounts of HCG.
    I hope you get a nice strong positive when next you test.

Default Update on diamond

Hi Guys - thanks for your replies. Update on me is that i tested again on dpo 14 & 15 - this time with Fortel (one step pee in cup one) and both -ve!!! So at this stage I am thinking definatly not this month, despite how strange and different I feel. I have been having weird cramping one and off for almost 1 week now, and always this butterfly's type feeling in my tummy. So am waiting for AF now, which was due yesterday and normally shows up like clockwork (down to the hour almost)! So no sign of her so far, and too scared to test again in case of another neg. Arrrgh this wait is killing me!!!!!!!!

So sorry

HI Diamonds

I hear you.

I have been feeling very ill for the past 3 days, similar to the feelings I had when I was pregnant before (unfortunately I miscarried) so I caved in and did a test last night and it was positive (pretty definate line). I was in disbelief as I was only 6DPO according to FF although I think I ovulated a couple of days earlier which would make me 8DPO. Anyway I used the same brand and did another one this morning and –ve. I am still very queasy so not sure what is going on. I have been reading about false positives and think it may have been that although if I am not pregnant there is something wrong with me as I feel so bad. I am going to go and get over the weekend to use early next week one of those ones that just comes up and says either positive or negative.

Fingers crossed for both of us. Let us know what happens.

I have read the fortel ones have a very poor rating...

I think in australia - Discover is the same as early response just branded differenlty
    here is the link to the story -

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/...in538075.shtml

It has info on tested/Rated OPK's aswell

I hope you come back with a BFP soon....
    Last edited by meegm; November 17th, 2006 at 10:54 AM.

Milson and Diamond. Fingers crossed for both of you.
    Debbie

*TamaraP* Guest

I get a lot of false readings with Fortel. I tend not to use them.

The times I have used them, I have gotten my hopes up for nothing.

Try using Crystal Clear from the Chemist they are very reliable.