Thread: HELP!! OPK question

Default HELP!! OPK question

Is it normal to see more than one positive OPK on consecutive days?

Yesterday I felt the urge to POAS early in the morning and got another faint line, marginally darker than previous days. 10-ish saw me get a definite positive - test line darker than control line (although both were slightly patchy but patchy in the same area - IYKWIM). Then yesterday afternoon a slightly lighter test line and then last night, lighter again.

This morning, just to see what would happen I POAS again early and it was as faint as the line at the same time yesterday. THEN at 10-ish came ANOTHER positive. Only difference between todays and yesterdays is that there is nothing "wishy washy" about either line.

What does this mean? My temp dipped only slightly this morning and whilst I still have EWCM it certainly isn't as much as it has been the past couple of days. Maybe Baby is still ferning.

Help please? This is all too confusing!

Lisa

I once got definite +OPKs 3 days in a row. I ended up Oing on the day of the 3rd +. Don't know if it means anything though!

Hi Lisa,

A dark line on an opk predicts you will O within the next 12-36 hours so its possible to get positive results on consecutive days. Remeber that for an opk to be +ve, the test line must be darker or the same as the control line. A line that is lighter than the test line is usually a negative. So looks like you may have just O'd. Hope you manged to get some serious bd in during this time!

Best of luck,
    Lisa L

Thanks girls! Both 10-ish tests (yesterday and today) were definite DEFINITE ++++ so that's promising anyway. I was panicking yesterday because DH was unable to "perform" due to illness but we'd bd'd every day for the previous 4 days anyway so whilst I was stressed I wasn't despondent. But of course with another + today, I can hopefully jump his bones tonight just to be sure!!

Lisa

You go girll - catch that eggy!!

Wishing you loads of luck for a bfp in 2 weeks

Lisa L

Well, I managed to jump his bones but my temp is doing weird things so I rather suspect something is amiss. At this point in time I'll be rather surprised if I actually O, let alone get a BFP

Lisa

Lisa
    You just never know, every time i hear someone's temps etc are doing weird things, they announce a bfp! fingers crossed for you sweety.

No, these are SERIOUSLY funky!!

To the point where if I even SEE crosshairs on FF I think I'll faint. My post-AF, "pre-O" (if I ever see it) temps are up and down like a flipping yo-yo and today when I SHOULD have seen a temp rise, I've got almost a flatline situation. I really don't know what is happening but it isn't like me at all.

Kind of depressing really. I have posted in the General section too, but I'm really starting to think it is time to forget about ttc. I'm feeling more and more despondent and that isn't good for my mental health either.

Lisa
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fd71c

Lisa

I think you have already O'ed on CD12, don't give up sometimes it is possible to have a pre O rise and dip - I think with tomorrows temp the crosshairs will show.