Thread: How many DPOs can you test?

Default How many DPOs can you test?

Help!
    I am hoping for a BFN actually, so testing too early won't help. The HPT packets all talk about days before AF, but I O very early in my cycle, so it would be helpful to know how many DPO is the earliest I can get an accurate result. And which brand should I use?

If you have a sensitive test I would test no earlier than 10DPO however to be safe 12-14 DPO will most likey give you a correct result.

Good Luck in getting the result you want!

Thank you Daintree Dream. I could only possibly be 7 DPO but I have tingly breasts and a very strong feeling.

wait for AF then test after if need be

I am guessing the reason you are asking is that you don't want to wait until AF is due...

I have got positives very feint at around 8dpo with sensitive tests (discover onestep).
    If you really want to know and can't wait I would do a test at 10dpo if negative a positive should show up on a very sensitive test by 12 dpo...

Wishing you the result you want...

The earliest i have ever got a BFP is at 10DPO. However for a definate result i would either wait until AF comes or if she doesn't then test 18 days after the last time you DTD.

I got my BFP last time with a pretty cheap brand at around 7 - 8 dpo. It worked, but I've used a hundred different tests & none have ever been wrong for me, so it could be just me

I'd give it til 10 dpo to be safe, then again if AF doesn't arrive. Discover OneStep has been the quickest & best I've used so far.

I got my BFP at 11 DPO. I cant remember what brand it was. I had a bloodtest done that day as well which confirmed it. You could get a bloodtest as that can detect small levels before AF is due.

Thank you everyone. I did a test this morning with Pregnosis (the only one I could get over Easter) and it was a BFN. This was probably 8 or 9 DPOs so I probably can't rely on it, but I do feel a little better. I'll try and get a discover onestep test today.

It's not that I don't want another baby, but my age would make it high risk, our family is settled as is, and I am the primary earner, so this would throw a very big spanner in the works. I felt a smidge disappointed with the BFN, but definitely more relieved.

I would say 10DPO using a sensitive brand like First Response. I got a BFP (quite a dark line) at 10DPO, which probably means that I would still have gotten a BFP around 8DPO). HTH

how about a blood test to but your mind as rest

I think I might have to. The tingly nipples are not making me feel very relaxed about it!

I second First Response. Whilst I don't use them (living in NZ), I know a tonne of people in Australia that have, and all with good early results.

Best wishes for the result you are hoping for.

BL

I'm confused. Another BFN this morning, but my boobs are still sore, I have lots of CM, and am bloated and feel sort of odd in the tummy. I think today would be 10 or 11 DPO. Could these symptoms just be because I ovulated and don't normally as I'm on the pill?