Thread: how soon can I get a reliable result on HPT do u think?

Default how soon can I get a reliable result on HPT do u think?

Hi all, well, AF is due tmw and I have no signs of it. As some of you may know since I had my IUD out (three plus months ago) my cycle dropped from 29 days to 24 days (if I am lucky) and yet I am still o'ing on day 14/15. This cycle confused me. I had two lots of EWCM and two lots of O pains. I thought after the first lot that I was safe (as I waited a few days to DTDWOProtection), but then I got another lot of o pain. Anyway, that was sat just gone and DH said from my monthly signs (eating more etc) I am due wed/thurs (which is right by my NEW calcs). I know I should just wait till I am at day 29 (if I don't get AF or nausea first) to test, but my cycle officially ends tmw (in accordance with signs and last four cycles) and I wanna know NOW *L*. What do you girls think?

Hi sweetie,
    I am due for AF tomorrow too but am cramping and have been since 7dpo!I have been testing everyday but nothing but bfn, everyday since 9dop that is! Too many tests to use so it's torure just having them sit there collecting dust!

You could test noe if you have one, its hould show up, but it's always betetr to wait till AF is due just gives AF time to show up if she is going too and you will not feel so down seeing a bfn.

Goodluck to you!!! Loads of positive baby vibes your way.

Soul

My cycle was usually 28-30 days. I tested on day 30 which was 11DPO and got a +. It was feint, but still a positive.

What day are you on now? Sorry if you mentioned, I coudlnt seem to see it if you did.

Katkins I would try to wait until cd29 but I know thats easier said then done, let us know what happens hun I am keeping everything crossed for you
    Last edited by rachm; July 20th, 2006 at 08:31 AM.

kirsty Guest

The longer you can wait (or at least until AF is actually due) the better chance you have of getting a true result one way or the other, & try to use FMU if you can as it gives a better result unless you are well past when AF is due.

Oh the waiting is so hard... I think we all understand how torturous it is. As Kirsty said the longer you wait the more likely you are to get a true result. Testing too early you can get a bfn but really be pregnant.
    I have my fingers crossed for you...

See that's the problem girls, AF is due today (no sign of her as yet, but she may still show up) but I know I only ovulated a week ago (max 9 days). So she could just be going back to normal (how I was before IUD) or I could be pregnant. But being only 9DPO I doubt I will get an accurate test (and that's only if I actually ovulated with first pain, in which case I KNOW I'm not pg....if I O'd with second pain, then I am only 6DPO and COULD be preg)....*AUUGH*

Oh and I am only on CD 25 (as my LP is short, means I am due for pd now).

kirsty Guest

If you are thinking you are only maybe 9DPO atm I would try & hang off until the weekend to test. Only because I *think* (& someone please correct me if I'm wrong) that implantation usually doesn't occur until 10DPO or later, so you could POAS & get a BFN but still be pg just testing too early.

Wishing you luck!

Thanks girls. This LPD has really got me stumped as I am so used to having a 29 day cycle and always being regular and heavy. Now I have a 24 day cycle and have a period that lasts a whole 3-4 days (and quite light too!). I keep wondering if IUD has damaged something to caused such changes even tho it has been removed....

Kerrie - It is possible that you have ovulated twice this cycle. So if you are only 9DPO then maybe your cycle will be 28-30 days which is normal?

Goodluck sweetheart!

It's possible, but even when my cycle is short (last few months) I have O'd on day 14, then got AF on day 23/24 so LP is the only part that is short. Counting from last lot of pain I am only 5DPO, but that was CD 18 which is unusual for me. It's regularly CD 14. Nearly every month..... Oh well, I will know if I don't get AF within a week (allow extra time just incase I O'd late and because I never get +ve HPT's till I am a number of days overdue....for some reason my hormone levels are slow to start with). Thank you girls. I guess I just have to resolve myself to waiting it out and facing telling DH IF and when we cross that bridge and not worrying about it before I get there!