Thread: HPT

Default HPT

Hi Everyone,

Not sure if this is the right place to post! sorry if its not!

Its my first month TTC and so far i've been pretty excited about it. So its my first month off the pill and i'm not really expecting anything but for some reason my enthusiasm got the better of me and i got home from work last night and did a HPT. I was feeling a little bit sick and decided to give it a go. Of course it was BFN, i wasn't expecting anything else. But i still burst into tears. I know it was too early (or at least i think it was), considering AF isn't due until next wed.

So today I have been in a alright mood. Talking to my SIL about it and I said that I was going to try not worrying about it for another couple of months. However, I go to have lunch and the smell makes me feel sick. And now my boobies are really sore. So now i'm all excited again.

Is this all just in my head? Wishful thinking on my part? Should I just wait to see if I get my AF? Or do another HPT in a few days?

Sorry for the long post!

Thanks
    Bron

Last edited by Bron81; June 15th, 2006 at 02:05 PM.

Hi Bron,

The signs sound promising. How many DPO are you? When is AF due? It is possible that you tested too early. I would suggest testing with first urine of the day and if still BFN, wait a couple more days before testing again. If you're still getting a BFN and your symptoms are hanging around, take yourself off to the doc for a blood test for a more reliable answer.

Good luck hon and I hope you get the answer you want!

MG

HI MG

I am 9 DPO. So i guess it was a bit early. I guess i'm too excited to be TTC at the moment to think rationally about these things.

Bron

LOL! That's ok Bron. I was the same! Even in my last cycle I wasn't really thinking things through, except I was CONVINCED I wasn't pregnant and it turned out I was! Good luck though. I hope your TTC journey is short and sweet.

MG

Bron,
    I would wait until you are at least 12dpo before you test again and like MG said it's best to test with FMU. Fingers crossed hun that you will be announcing a BFP really soon.

kirsty Guest

So Bron have you tested again?

Using FMU about now you should be able to get a result if you use one of the early detection HPT's. Best of luck for if you decide to POAS

How are you going Bron! It is exciting when you first start TTC! I think most people have probably POAS too early at the beginning of their journey!
    Hope it all works out and you get your BFP soon!

How did you go Bron?
    I am sending lots of *positive* thoughts your way!

Thanks for the positive thoughts!

I haven't tested again. I was going to last night, but when I said something to DP he asked me not to. He said i was in too good a mood and that if i got a BFN i'd be upset and he doesn't like to see me upset.

I was really stressing about it last week but now I've decided not to put too much pressure on myself. We are just going to go with the flow for the next few months and see what happens. No point stessing too much when we have only been TTC for 1 month. lol.

But i'm still going to test tonight while DP isn't home!So wish me luck. I'll let you know how it all goes.
    Bron

Goodluck hun I have everything crossed for you.

Bron, I would recommend testing with your first morning urine though, because will have a stronger concentration of HCG in it and will be more accurate. May still come up -ve if you do later in the day... good luck!

Thats true Keen. I'm not too sure what I want to do at the moment. Do I test again tonight while DP is out, running the risk that it will prob be -ve. Or do I just wait out the week. AF is due today, so really its not too long a wait. For me at the moment i don't really feel like AF is going to come. I normally get bad head aches before AF (my period pain) and I haven't had any this month. so i don't really know whats going on.

So what i am thinking is that I'll wait out this week and if AF isn't here by friday I'll do another HPT.