Thread: HPT help !

Default HPT help !

Hi Girls,

When I had another temp rise this morning with no AF I did a test and I got a I did 3 tests and all came up with a 2nd line. Went to the Dr this morning and did a urine test and his came up negative. He has taken a blood test now. When I got home I had 2 other tests which are other brands which both came up with positives. I now am just feeling really confused as I was so excited but now I am worried. But surely I would not have had positives on 5 other tests , 3 different brands and not be pregant???

Any advice? ( apart from wait to Monday to get the blood test !!!

Congrats! Sounds like you are PG! My GP has always been happy to go by my +HPTs and has said the the tests he uses are about the same, if not less sensitive, than the ones you get at the shops. It quite common to get +HPTs at home but a -HPT at the GP! I don't think there's any way you could not be PG after getting so many BFPs especially with different brands.

All the best for a H&H PG!

goldilocks Guest

Congrats Kristy, I'd say you're definitely pregnant!

I've heard many women complain that they get BFP's at home and BFN's at the GPs! They must use different, inferior tests

Bummer about having to wait until Monday for your blood test results! Go out and buy some more HPTs for the weekend if it makes you feel better. I did about 8-10 HPT's when I first fell LOL

You must be thrilled!

Love
    Goldilocks
    -xxxooo-

Congrats!

The tests GP's use are less sensitive usually, so they take longer to pick up a positive.
    I seriously doubt that 5 HPT's are wrong.
    Wohooo for you!!

i agree with the other girls!!! HPT's are more sensitive than those of the GP's.

Your preggers they all can't be wrong

*TamaraP* Guest

Ditto to the other girls!!!
    My DR was a bit of a ****er with the DR's HPT. Mine always came up negative there (did them twice) but after getting BT done, I was definately preggers no doubt about it that you are aswell!!

Woo Hoo congratulations!!!!!!

Dr's usually use tests that measure about 50mi/u of hcg. A large number of the chemist brands are around 25 or less. This is why you would show a negative at the doctors.
    Why can't you get your results until Monday????? If your doctors surgery is open tomorrow why don't you phone and ask for the results to be phoned through to you.
    I am sure it will be a positive though!!!!!!!

Big hugs

Youve tried different brands so its not like its just one brand with the same results and faulty tests

Your defaintly up the duff love! lol
    Time to say good bye to a thread member but all for a good reason

Luv Summer

Girls,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. As I am in a country town the Dr isn't open on Saturday. One of my best friends is the receptionist there so hopefully I can get the tests really early. DH isn't believing it till I get the blood tests. Feel a bit more confident hearing others have had positives at home and then negatives at the Dr's.

I am just so much in shock, I was so certian it would take me so long to get pregnant. This is my 3rd cycle but only my 2nd that I ovulated so if it is a BFP I feel so lucky.

Thank you so much girls, and will be in on Monday to let you know "hopefully" the good news.

A blood test is absolute no questions. However positive urine tests of varying brands tells me that there is a detectable amount of hcg in your urine.

This is going to be a long weekend for you I know... Sleep well and think happy baby thoughts.

Girls,

Just got back from the Doctor who confirmed with the blood tests that it is a so I am just over the moon. It's early I am 5 weeks on Wednesday so due 28th Feb 2007.

I just want to say a huge Thank you for all your words of encouragement, this weekend was the slowest ever !!!!

Yay for the confirmation, Kristy! Congrats again!!

Congrats again kristy! Come join us in the due threads!

Congratulations Kirsty!!!!

Congrats hun thats fantastic news

Congratulations hun!

Congratulations! My DH won't believe the tests either, even the blood test, so we have to wait until I get a scan before he will get excited. So happy you can get excited now though!

Way to Go Kristy!!
    You're bubba is the same gestation as mine, due on the same day!!
    Congrats Hun!!