Thread: I need help quickly!!!

Default I need help quickly!!!

Well i'm CD18 (on clomid) i thought i had already Oed and was feeling really down as we didn't get to BD on all the days i would have liked but.... I have a question.
    I just went to the toilet (sorry if TMI) and thought what the hell i'll do an ovulation prediction test (had stopped using them a few cycles ago as never got any results with them) It came up with a faint second line (i know this means negative but!...) Do you get faint lines then they become positive or is a negative a negative.
    I'm in a deliema because i was going to my mums tonight (won't see DH b4 i go) and i might not see him until Sat arvo (mums going in for an operation tom).

We have been trying to conceive for sooooo long i just don't want to miss Oing but at the same time i don't know if i'm reading to much into the test. I don't have much CM it has been and almost gone???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

xxBella

bella - my experience with OPK's which was actually my 2nd clomid cycle & the cycle we conceived this bub.

I used midstream ones from around 14dpo (usually O around 17-18dpo). The test line was faint to start with and then got darker, on O day the test line was darker than the control line (and the only day it did that) and then the test line started getting lighter again. I stopped using them at 18dpo as I knew I O'd that day because my temp also confirmed that.

So kind of doesn't answer your question whether you have O'd yet or not but that is my experience with them.

Hi bella. This may not be the news you're hoping for but I started using OPKs when first trying to conceive last mth. After 12 days straight of getting only faint lines (i.e. negative every time) I gave up hope and stopped using them....then Fertility Friend showed I had ovulated on CD28 which I only discovered about 3 days after the event. I hadn't used an OPK close enough to this time to see if it gave me more than a faint line but the 12 days straight of faint lines pretty much told me that I was getting only negatives. Perhaps you're different to me and will have a similar experience to AJC if normally you get no line at all and have found a faint line today. I will keep my fingers crossed for you!!!

Are you charting temps? Maybe that'll help you to determine when you're ovulating!?

Thanks guys - no i'm not temping as it sends me insane and is a bit hard since i'm a shift worker!
    I have read that you will get a faint line after ovulation anyway as the LH begins to decline, not sure for how long though?
    Awww i wish i hadn't tested

I think i will stay home and fit in one more BD for good luck then go to mums later!!
    xxBella