Thread: Just got my OPKs and BBT thermometer

Exclamation Just got my OPKs and BBT thermometer

So here is my next question...

When should I start using the OPK? I'm on CD18 today - and usually have a 40 -43 day cycle...(I have creamy CM - sorry TMI).

What time of day is best to do the OPK? Is it like a HPT when it's first urine in the morning?

Ok i would start your opk in the next day or so. Never use first morning wee use your mid morning or mid arvo one. Make sure you havnt drank to much b4 had either... You need to ensure you get a line the same as the control line or darker b4 its a +ve opk... As with your cm it is still probably not what they say as fertile cm but i would bd every second day or so thats what worked for us... Plus temping and OPk... All the best and feel free to ask anymore questions....

Congratulations!

You can start using a charting service such as Fertility Friend even if you have already started your cycle. Just need to make sure you add in the start date of this cycle. With the length of your cycle it would be still fine to do.
    FF also have loads of information about charting and using other items such as OPks, Salvia tests, monitors etc.
    From what ive read most of the instructions say that the best time to test is 2 p.m., or as close as possible. Anytime between noon and 8 p.m. is fine, first morning urine is not recommended. The reason for this is that most women experience a surge in the morning, but it can take 4 hours for it to show up in your urine.

Thank you janeo and summer...

I'm on FF already - so thats good (if you could tell me how to put a direct link to my chart online that would be great). I just can't find the direct link on FF....