Thread: A line then no line??

Question A line then no line??

Hi Girls,

I tested on sun which was day 12 and there was a faint OPK line, test again today and nothing. Did a second one just to see if the one was faulty and no line.
    How normal is this??

Hugs
    Shazz.
    xx

This happened to my friend a few weeks back, not sure how normal it is, but just wanted to let you know it has happened.

Bel

Hi Shazz
    When I did my first HPT in feb 2006 there was a faint line - then I did a second one 24hrs later and got nothing. Unfortunately for me AF arrived a couple of weeks later.

However when I did my HPT in August 2006 I got a very faint line, 24hrs later nothing, 24hrs later a very faint line again - then I had a BT and got a +ve. So just to say it is difficult to know what it means, if you keep getting BFN and no AF go and get a BT.

Fingers crossed your levels are just very low and you need to wait 24hrs to get that BFP.
    T.

Shaz,

With OPK's they generally work a little different to HPT's. To get a truly positive result on an OPK the test line should be the same strength or darker than the control line.

HTH

Lisa

Ok firstly I absolutely know that I ovulate (both hormone tests and observational surgery have proved it) and I have never ever gotten a second line darker than the control. Doctor says this is actually very common. My guess is you O'd sometime in the 48 hours following your second line - hence no line now because the OPK predicts O - and has to happen before O.

Hope that helps a bit Shazz...

Shazz - Keen is right, OPK's dont work for everyone - so you might want to consider temping if you dont already to help you figure out when the big O occurs?

Thanks Girls,

Had a blood test today and it shows things are happening on the O front but just a bit slow.

Hugs
    Shazz.
    xx

I just want to add that it's not at all unusual to test and have a feint line. This is because the LH that the opk detects is ALWAYS floating around our bodies. It is at the surge just prior to ovulation that the large amount of LH is released. This is depicted by a very dark second line. I often don't get a true positive either and I do ovulate as with Keen this is verified by blood tests.
    However I will often test and get a feint line days away from ovulation. JUst prior to ovulation the line becomes more prominent and then on ovulation day it is quite dark or the same colour as the control.
    Good luck in catching that egg!