Thread: lines on opk's

Default lines on opk's

I know for an opk to be +ive, the test line has to be as darker or darker than the control line, but was wondering, do opk's always show a faint line and when they do show a faint line, do people fine the faint line continues to get darker or the faint line has no meaning at all?

I get faint lines for a few days around ov..they have never ever been exactly the same thickness or darkness but definatley are not there when I am not ovulating. I got them the cycle we got pregnant for 3 days only then they went away till 14 days and appeared again when I used opk as hpt.

I take any line aorund that sort of a time as indication it may be happening I have spoken to others who have never gotten a true positive and have ovulated. I use the ovunow internet cheapeis it maybe different for other brands ( great for poas addcits like me)

Fire Fly Guest

I actually did another OPK this morning and i got a stronger line than yesterdays one. Yesterdays was only slightly fainter than the indicator line but this mornings one is as dark as it. Not sure what to do now, i dont know if its possible to 'O' twice in one cycle or not, if so then thats prob the case as my cm has increased.
    In saying all this though af was due yesterday and still isnt here.
    Good luck.

So yes it does get darker to answer your question.

i can normally get a really really faint line at any time during my cycle, but for me personally the line builds up over 2-3 days before ovulation then is just as dark as the control line

Fire Fly Guest

Sorry Harjacmum, im obsessed with tests. I assumed you were talking about the increase of the line while possible preg. Sorry, im hopeless.
    I tried to use OPK to pinpoint 'O' but found the surge of LH is so quick that you have to be spot on to catch it.

Kerrie, it is possible to O twice in one cycle, but it's more likely that your body can gear up to O, giving you all the symptoms, and then not do it! I don't know much about what your cycle does when BF, so I'm not really much help at all.

But af not showing up could be a good sign! I just wish you could POAHPT! It's driving me crazy LOL!

Kerrie, just to throw a spanner in the works, is it a brand you have used before? I found that it depends on the OPK. I found that with one brand I NEVER got a dark line even though I was oing. Perfect example is the month I conceived I used the exact same urine sample at the exact same time on two seperate brand OPK's. One gave me zilch and the other gave me the darkest line I have ever seen! I hope you get a BFP on a HPT really soon!

MG