Thread: Lullabuy Conceptions - is this a BFP???

Question Lullabuy Conceptions - is this a BFP???

Hello everyone,

I'm very confused this morning and hoping that someone with more experience than me can help me out! AF is due today and so I tested with first morning urine this morning using a pee in a cup test strip from Lullabuy Conceptions. Control line (control line is dark purple) appeared fine. Shortly after a "line" appeared that is pale purple. I'm confident that it is a line but I'm confused as to if it is in the right area! Both the instructions on the packet and the website don't 100% match up to what the actual test looks like. My line has appeared 2cm above the Max line for wee dipping and it is where the clear plastic cover bit joins the smooth white paper bit that the control line appears on. So my test line is kinda under the join of the clear pastic bit with the paper bit. I've read that this is the wrong place for the line to be and I would have expected both the lines to be on the paper bit...

Can anyone shed any light on this for me? I'm leaning towards thinking it's a BFN

TIA, Ruth

Can't give you an answer unfortunately, just wanted to wish you all the best and say go get another test!

Thanks Cricket! I had always assumed that HPT would be super easy to read if I got a BFP!!! Lol - it's more complicated than I thought. I will be going shopping afterwork today and getting a POAS one different brand. Meanwhile I have to endure a day at work anxiously hoping AF doesn't arrive.

If anyone has any views I'd love to hear them. Put me out of my misery I beg you!

Do you only have the one test? If you've got another one, test again. I don't think it will matter too much that it's no FMU.

Thanks for the suggestion Celsie! Believe it or not I actually didn't think of doing another test - doh for 5:30am brain! We have about 17 at home all of the same brand. I'm now at work though so I can't test. I can't believe how silly I was.

I think the line would appear in the same place anyway if it was a BFP because maybe the line is meant to appear there... and then I would still be confused...

I've used that brand numerous times and never had a line there, so I was thinking that it may have been faulty. If you had one to compare it to, then you'd know, IYKWIM?

Good luck for when you test!!! :goodluck2:

i am pretty sure it should be thought of as 'invalid' if it doesnt match up to where the lines are on the picture. thats not to say its not a BFP though, so i would test again this arvo and/or tomorrow morning.

Id do another test of a different brand like Early response and see what happens. You wont get two false BFP's on 2 different brands.

Im not a fan of LC HPTs. Ive gotten numerous false BFPs that werent evap lines on them. I def know Im not preg too. Might just be my batch though.

Good luck!

Thanks soooo much to everyone for your replies! I am going to re test with another LC test as soon as I get home. I'm not 100% impressed with LC tests so far but I will wait and see what happens this arvo.

No AF as yet and I've been visiting the loo every hour to check CM. I'm very excited by the thought that today could be the day that the rest of my life changes. I'll keep you all posted.

Anything new today Ruth? Hoping to hear some great news!

ruth you are leaving us all in suspense here... did you re-test??

Hey ladies (esp Hollo and Cricket) sorry for the delay. Bellybelly wasn't working for me!!!! Yes I retested on Friday night but got a BFN and sure enough on Saturday AF arrived.

I noticed that there was already a bit of a line on the test when I got it out of the box in the same place where my other line appeared.

THanks for all your support ladies. Hope to be posting good news in a month's time!

sorry to hear that AF came along ruthie! thats really not fair that you got the false positive and got your hopes up. i wouldnt use those tests again! :-(