Thread: Luteal Phase

Lizzie33 Guest

Default Luteal Phase

Hi all,
    Can anyone tell me if a 9 or 10 day luteal phase is a problem??...my last 2 cycles I have ovulated on days 18 & 19 respectively, last month my cycle ended at day 28 (giving me a luteal phase of 10 days), and this month is looking like doing the same ( due on Thursday which will be a 9 dayluteal phase) I am a bit concerned as I have read that this is not long enough to sustain a pregnancy. Any thoughts?

Hi

I think the little embryo implants around day 7-10, so there should be a chance after 9-10 days that implantation has happened. A "normal" LP is 10-19 days (or that's the longest "normal" length I've read, though a lot consider 10-16 or 10-17 days to be more normal) so 10 days isn't a worry. Hope this puts your mind at rest a little bit.

Ryn.

Kirsty77 Guest

I agree with Ryn-10 days is the minimum length for a LP before it becomes a problem. Are you positive your O when you think you are? Perhaps you are ovulating earlier and not knowing it.I really hope it sorts itself out for you hun.Goodluck!

Lizzie33 Guest

Default Luteal Phase

Hi Kirsty,
    Have been doing OPK's for a couple of months, and both cycles have had the LH surge at days 18 and 19. CM is about right then too I think, although I don't have a whole lot of it.

As the others have said, the embryo will implant generally between 7-10DPO. So if you think about it your body may not be giving it enough time to implant. It might be a good idea to get checked out by a Dr & see what they think.

Some docs like to see a minimum of a 12 day LP, others say 10 is okay. I found taking vitamin B6 helped lengthen out my LP by a day or 2.

Lizzie33 Guest

Default Vitamin B6

Does anyone know if Vitamin B is safe? Is it something I could consider for lengthening my luteul phase? How long until I would see a result??

Vitamin B6 is fine to take, it's even recommended to help with m/s I think. Start off with 50-100 (mg/mcg??? Sorry, can't remember what it's measured in LOL!) per day. I noticed a difference in my 2nd cycle of taking it.

HTH!

I've heard LP is meant to stay the same length, but mine hasn't (assuming my EWCM/Ov time was when I thought it was). I had 11 days, 20 days, 13 days. 11 and 13 are fine, I'm a bit concerned about the 20 though. Maybe that was just me getting things wrong, but my body feels like it's gearing up to O again and I'm only CD21 (some EWCM yesterday), so have another 3 weeks to AF. So maybe I have alternating LPs? Who knows. I'll see what happens with this cycle and just not let DH near me for 2 weeks just in case (still pre-conception and if I get pg this month my baby will be exactly 1 year younger than niece and I'm dreading the comparisons enough without them having similar birthdays!).

As far as I know your LP should be one length & only a day either side - so my LP is usually 12 days so it can be 11, 12 or 13 days if that makes sense. Generally it doesn't change.

Lizzie33 Guest

Default Luteal Phase

I have also heard that the Luteal Phase is fairly constant... so I guess it is a problem if its not at least 10 days...I'm not sure what I should do, it is my 4th cycle off the pill, so could this have something to do with it?, or maybe this is just the way it is... it's all so confusing, sometimes I think it is actually really difficult to fall pregnant, it's a wonder it happens at all...