Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Making sense of Maybe Baby!!!

it dosnt have to cover the whole lens - i when i got full ferns they were really defined like railway tracks almost - i would say it was partial ferning and you should O any day.

Owl Guest

Hi Dea
    that's what i used to get, (I haven't checked in a while due to m/c) and so i took that as ovulation. Probably not much help but thats why i'm about to start using the opk that i ordered online.
    Elena

I used them in conjunction (maybe-baby & OPK's and also Temping) once you use all 3 of these techniques you can pretty much pinpoint ovulation....

I did it for 4 weeks and got pregnant straight away.

thankyou so much for that information. i think that i'll go and buy an opk to help me out a bit more if that makes sense. i don't know much about temping though?

Owl Guest

Hi Dea,
    I've just started temping as well, I got it online from lullaby conceptions (as well as the opk tests) and it arrived the day after i ordered it, it comes with a temping instruction chart and you also get an extra (different) temping chart, so it's pretty easy. having said that - I only started mid cycle and i think af is about to visit so i'm really just a beginner, let me know how you go!
    Elena

I noticed with MB that my ferning seemed to have definite "cycles". I'm thinking that perhaps they are like an OPK and catch surges so that is why sometimes we don't see any ferning despite all of our other signs and symptoms telling us that we are, or have, popped the egg.

This cycle I am definitely PG, but didn't once see ferning on MB until yesterday when I thought I'd have a quick look to see what pregnancy looks like on the device.

I'd also agree that it's the size that counts. There is a huge difference between the fine, small ferning and the big, THICK ferning that signifies increased fertility. It's quite amazing when you see them for the first time!!

Lisa

Hey there, I got so frustrated using MB because it was so inconsitent for me. I was doing tests every morning upon waking as per the instructions and got transition and pebbles most of the month then ferning right before AF. Then the next month i would get ferning for a couple of days but didnt seem to fall in the right time according to my temp charting. Then the next month it would be different again The pamphlet that it comes with says that it doesnt work for women with high level of oestrogen so there must be heaps of them out there cos I have heard lots of people have had problems with MB.
    I ended up selling mine online and buying OPK's instead. The ones that Lullaby Conceptions sells are really excellent and they are very sensitive for me and tell me exactly the days when I ovulate.
    Worth giving them a go as they are cheap if you order the value packs.... much cheaper than the chemists and supermarkets!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12