Thread: Maybe baby

Default Maybe baby

I know that this has probably been ask before, but I was wanting to know peoples experiences in using the maybe baby microscope. I've been using opk the last couple of cycles and wondered whether the microscope may be better. Any advice welcome!

i hated them. I couldnt do it properly,. was so hard to get the lens off at times too. I never saw ferns and it was a pain in the butt.

opks are definitely my preference

Ive used a salvia test (not last cycle though) but will be again. It takes a while to get used to, but just like OPKS you need to reduce your fluid intake otherwise you will see all sorts of weird things under the light. You have to be sure that you dont put too much salvia on there and you let it dry as well.
    I personally wouldnt use them just by themself, but with OPks, checking CM and temping. At least then if one doesnt work you could have many other signs that you are going to O.
    Good Luck

I got one and it didn't work - I just saw dusty like spots.
    I got another because I thought it might be faulty and that never worked either. Admittedly, I later found that I wasn't ovulating anyway, But other people had a go and I never saw any ferning. I only ever saw dusty spots.
    Just my (expensive) experience.

Hi Sweet Pea
    My experience with saliva microscopes was not good. They gave me unreliable results that sent me to the doctors thinking I had hormone problems. It also was stressful and confusing trying to get results from it. I have found opk's and temping to be the best.
    lilylou
    Last edited by lilylou; June 1st, 2006 at 03:52 PM.

Sal Guest

They are a rip-off that don't work! I ALWAYS saw ferning (I have PCOS so that explains it). But even 'normal' women get funny results, they are just not worth it! I have offered on these types of threads several times to give mine away but I can't even give it away it's that [email protected] OPKs work reliably. Even monitoring CM is reliable once you know what you're doing, and it doesn't cost a thing!

I find mine great, I get some ferns leading up to ovulation and on the day of o I get full ferns then some ferns for about 2 days after. Like others have said it a personal thing not everything works for everyone, I also found it cheaper in the long run with maybe baby. But like other methods it does need to be used correctly or you won't get the right results.
    In the end it comes down to you and what works best for you.

*TamaraP* Guest

I found mine great until I broke it hehe.

As I have said before, its not something to ACTUALLY pinpoint ovulation but a tool to work out your fertile days.
    I found you had to have the right saliva amout, correct drying time and not to use it within an hour of drinking or eating.

For someone like me who hardly gets noticeable CM or good OPK results, this worked for me.

The first month I used it I got a BFP two weeks later.!!

I also have a maybe baby and i find it good. I haven't used it for the last few cycles, but now that i'm not doing any AC, i'm going to go back to using it in the middle of my cycle. I also would make sure that you use OPK's, temp and check CM just to be sure, although looking at your chart, you seem to be doing all those anyway......

I would reccomend having one, especially for if you're away during 'o' time, it's easy to take in your handbag wherever you go.....

Good luck TTC....

Just a comment re: cost. I bought one which is not the maybe baby brand, online on ebay for less than $20! So well worth the money compared to other costs. I think i was just lucky enought to find an auction ending and no one bidding.

kizzy Guest

I have one and hate it. I followed the instructions and never once saw any ferning. The last time I used it was the cycle I got pg and it never once showed any ferning. I gave up on it and now I'm just using OPK's.

Thanks for all the responses! I think I might price it out first. I thought I'd try it out as I've yet to have positive opk, but I suppose I need to ovulate for that to happen!! I'm willing to give anything a try at this stage! Thanks again for all your help and to everyone!!!

Hi Sweet pea,

I really found my experience with the saliva tester to be a waste as i never had ferns right through O and then got them 8 days after O, so i was very confused i have switched to using opk's again, but will use the microscope again this cycle and see if the opk's match up with the microscope.

Michelle,
    Thanks for the advice. I think I may have the same problems with the microscope as I'm on clomid and I've heard that can affect the results. I think I'll just wait and see how this cycle goes! Good luck for this cycle!