Thread: Maybe Baby Microscope

Default Maybe Baby Microscope

Hi Girls.

I was wondering if any of you pg (or previously pg) ladies have had success using the Maybe Baby Microscope? I bought one today and am curious to know what you all think?

Hi Karen
    I succumbed and got a Maybe Baby microscope in our third month TTC. I was a bit sceptical to start with but it really did work. I used it in conjunction with temping and it just really helps to pinpoint your O day and unlike temping, you get a 'warning' as to when the big day is on the way. I only used it for like 5 days and bingo - a HPT! Have now lent it to another friend who is TTC too, so hopefully she will have the same luck. Let's hope it pays off for you and you have a BFP next month also!
    Good luck!

Thanks Wheatie. That's so encouraging. Everything helps....

Any others have success stories (or not???)

Hi Karen,

I bought one of those Maybe Baby testers and it worked for me too. I used in in conjunction with temping and OPK's, just to really predict when I oed. Also I found it better to allow the saliva to dry for at least 30 mins if not longer, so it dries properly and crystallises.

I hope it works for you too. Lot's of :luck: :luck: and truck loads of inkdust: :bluestick: inkstick: .

Kazz & co \/
    Nicholas 26/10/02

Girls,

where did you get the thingy from??

Hayseed

Hayseed - just from the chemist. Mine cost $90 but I think they are usually a bit cheaper than that.

Thanks Wheatie. I'll go have a look at lunchtime in our chemist.

Hayseed

Hi Hayseed. I got mine from National Pharmacies - I'm a member so I got mine for a discounted price of $55.

I'm pretty excited about using this, I don't do the whole temping/charting thing so this will be a good way for me to see if and when I'm ovulating.

zoe Guest

Hi Karen,

I've got one too and I used to get the ferning pattern all of the time and thought it didn't work. Since starting clomid it's correctly told me time of ovulation so it does work - as long as you put enough saliva on and let it dry for ages - not the 10 minutes they say on the pack!

Liz Guest

Default Some questions re: the maybe baby microscope

Hello from a newcomer,
    I'm Liz (31 ttc for 8 months). How is the MBM used?. Where can you get it and how much does it cost?. Are the results valid??

Thanks
    Liz O

hi, found a link with some info on the MBM, am going to try it myself I think. Work is dead today, so I might just pop down to the chemist, I actually think I should be ovulating about now (is hard to tell as I dont really get an AF as such), so will do a test tonight and let you know the results

Maya Guest

Default MaybeBaby

Hi,

I have been ttc for the past 11 months. I bought my MaybeBaby saliva fertility test kit after ttc for 9 months. Since I started using it, I have been getting quite inconsistent result. One day, I will see a tiny patch of fern-like structure in a corner and the next day, none. And maybe 4 days later, it will be SUPER fern-like structure (say on day 12 of my cycle) and the next day, nothing but plain dotted structure. Did anyone else have the same problem? What time of the day is it best to use it?
    :smt017
    And yes, I do let it "dry" for like an hour or two too.

belmarks Guest

I've got a maybe baby, and it does work, I think the trick is to use it as soon as you get up in the morning, that is the best time of day to test your saliva. Also, I read a few posts up and someone said that they leave their microscope for about 30 minutes to make sure its completely dry. This is a great idea, because if your saliva isn't completely dry, you will get an inconsistent reading. I usually take my temp, get out of bed to right it down on a calendar I have made up, then I automatically do the saliva test and go off and get ready for work, once I am finished getting ready, I come back and have a look at it then. I have also found that the crystals are light sensitive, i.e. if you cannot get a good reading, hold them up to the light for a few seconds, or even a minute and then have a look through the microscope and they will be clearer...

you shouldnt eat or drink anything for at least 3 hours before you do your saliva test, as it will give you a false reading....

HTH!! \/