Thread: Maybe Baby - saliva test for ovulation

laurau Guest

Default Maybe Baby - saliva test for ovulation

I was wondering if anyone had tried the saliva test - the one I have is called Maybe Baby. Basically, every morning you put a little saliva on the glass and then when it has dried, you have a look at it through a little microscope and backlight. Supposedly leading up to ovulation, the usual spots change to a fern/leaf like pattern. I have tried this during the past month and thought I wasn't doing it properly as the pattern wasn't changing at all as the days passed. That was until Saturday just gone when I gave it another try and it was full-blown fern patterns! I thought it was supposed to slowly get there over a few days? I would be interested to hear how you have gone with this method and whether it worked for you? I still have to wait another week or so before a HPT to see if it worked!!!

Hi Laurau

I used Maybe Baby with great success. I received a BFP the first month I used it - had been TTC for 6 months. The trick is to leave it to dry for as long as possible before checking - I'd go and have my shower etc try to give it 30 mins before I checked. Good Luck!!! :bdust:

laurau Guest

Wow that is great! Congrats.
    Did you notice it slowly changing through your cycle?
    I am really holding my breath as I can't wait to do the HPT!

Nope, one day it was just dots and speckles, the next full on ferning! It's quite interesting to watch...

Laurau,
    I used the maybe baby and yeap I would leave it like an hour or so before checking, otherwise you might miss it. Fingers crossed that all was good for Saturday and you won't need to do it anymore 'cos you'll get a bfp!

laurau Guest

Thanks for the encouragement guys! Heres hoping. BFP for me!
    I will let you know how it goes...

I used Maybe Babe too and isn't it exciting when you see fern leaf pattern for the 1st time!
    I'm not sure if it helped a great deal on its own but when I learned to look out for CM then I knew when to expect it.