Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe Baby Tips & Discussion

I have mixed feelings about my MB. I found it pretty useless at first but after spending the money I thought it may be a good idea to invest a little time in some experimentation. I used it morning and afternoon every day for a month (after not eating for 3 hours). I found that the morning results were the closest match with my temp chart. The problem with using it in the afternoon is that I was getting ferns almost everyday. In the mornings I never actually get the full display of thick ferns like the sample on the leaflet but I do get the most ferns about 2 days prior to O. I wouldn't just use MB on it's own but with my temp chart it's ok. I also found best results for me are if I follow directions & it's dry after 10-15 mins not sooner no later. Ahhh the things we put ourselves through!

hi oscaroscar i would be interested in your MB that would be great! i cant PM but my email is [email protected] i am on GC can i pay for postage thanks!!

guccibabe - I emailed you but no response - maybe there is an email from me in your junk mail?

Default maybe baby worked for me!

I see there is a lot of negative feedback about the maybe baby but I've got to say it worked for me. We fell pregnant literally on the first try! I used it first thing in the morning and also when I got home from work in the evenings. It took me a few days to work out the right amount of saliva and the length of time I had to wait for it to dry in order for it to work properly. I have a 31 day cycle and on the evening of day 16 I got the distinct fern pattern. I asked my hubby if he wanted to go make a baby and the rest is history.

Hey, just a quick question, I have been ferning and in transitional ferning every day since I fully ferned. i am working on the fact that I am about 12dpo. Is it normal to continue ferning like this???

Cheers
    Melissa

Default This is my 2nd cycle using MB

I thought it was a great concept and am still on the fence about it. The first month I saw distinct pebbles like the example they give you on the chart. But perhaps I didn't use enough saliva. AF came at day 26 of cycle (first cycle of the pill). Then this cycle I used more saliva and let it dry all day, and on day 8 I saw transitional ferning and then 2 days later full ferning. I checked it this morning, but i buggered it up by putting too much saliva on it and it had bubbles. i will try it again this evening as I have only been doing it in the morning. But according to info given, thre results were not accurate cause I left them too long. But I must admit i was having obvious ovulation cramps the same time the ferning appeared. I dont use any other methods. if nothing happens within the next 3 months then i will consider BBT and other options.

They do say though that if you dont produce a high enough amount of the hormone that it requires it will come up as inconsistant. So perhaps some of these inconsistant results are because the level of the hormones in your saliva is just not enough for it to read it correctly. But they say that if that is the case that it DOESN"T mean you have't ovulated, it basically means that MB is not a sensative enough testing option for you.

My prayers go to all mum's to be!

Puppies, sounds like you are getting the hang of using MB. I've got my fingers crossed for you!

charli'smumma,
    I have checked my MB yesterday and today and definatley no ferning or transitional. Just pebbles, so I can only assume it worked and it did actually indicate that I ovulated earlier than expected. I am praying we caught the egg, but part of me is feeling pretty good about it, but the other part of me is accepting the fact that it didn't happen this month. I pray I am like you and caught the egg first month. but in reality, this is only my 2nd cycle off the pill and my first AF only lasted 1 day, so I am expecting that my cycles are probably still trying to sort themselves out.

I have fingers and toes crossed though!

Hi Puppies,

You are probably right. Your cycles are probably still sorting themselves out. If it is mean't-to-be this month, you just might have a little bubba on the way

I was off the pill for 3 or 4 months before we decided to start trying. My natural cycle is 31-32 days and the Maybe Baby showed that I ovulated on day 16 (exactly half way through!)

Oh, and remember to lay down afterwards with a pillow under your bottom to keep your pelvis tilted slightly upwards - makes it easier for the swimmers to go in the right direction .

best of luck to you!

Hi girls,
    I have never had a lot of success with Maybe Baby. Ferning all over the place, at the wrong times etc... I nearly threw it in the bin the other day, but I thought twice about it because it is so expensive. If anyone here would be interested, please feel free to drop me a mail with your address and I will post it to you free of charge. Hopefully it will work better for you!!!

Yep, I'm still trying to give mine away, so if anyone wants it, or lives in Brissy, just let me know. I'm more comfortable using OPK's now anyway...

yuki Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    Hi girls,
    I have never had a lot of success with Maybe Baby. Ferning all over the place, at the wrong times etc... I nearly threw it in the bin the other day, but I thought twice about it because it is so expensive. If anyone here would be interested, please feel free to drop me a mail with your address and I will post it to you free of charge. Hopefully it will work better for you!!!
    Hi Penny,
    If you still have the MB to give away I'm happy to give it a try, I've just started the journey TTC #1 and would like to find out as much as I can about what my cycles are doing
    How do I get in contact? I can't seem to find a contact address?
    Thanks!

Hi Yuki,
    You can leave me a private message with your address and I'll post it out to you. Where are you? I am in Melbourne. Hopefully the MB will work for you!

yuki Guest

Thankyou so much Penny, I'm in Sydney I tried adding you to my buddy list but I get an error saying I don't have sufficient access to PM you?? Not sure if its because I just joined up, can you try and PM me?

Thanks again, I'm really looking forward to giving it a go!

Hi Yuki,
    I tried to send you a private message today, but the following error message came up:
    "Yuki has either chosen not to receive private messages or is not allowed to receive private messages".
    Sorry, not much luck there... Can you have a look at your set-up options?

bonkaz_85 Guest

I NEED HELP

I'm very new to this. I am in dire need of some help. I started using maybe baby in sept 07, my periods are never the same, very very erratic.... My question is, I have just rescently finished my monthly but all the way through i got the fern pattern and i'm STILL getting them every day along with very tender breasts very slight niggles in my tummy and sometimes feeling nauseous. does any of this sound really strange to anyone else, or am i just being paranoid???

Ovulated according to maybe baby on the 2 of april, ferns from 30th march through till 9 april. then had no ferns until 12 april then got my monthly on the 13. its now the 22 april and ive had the ferns for the last 11 days. is there ANY possibility that i could be pregnant???
    Last edited by bonkaz_85; April 22nd, 2008 at 01:46 PM.

yuki Guest

oh dear, this seems to be much harder than ttc! lol I've checked my profile settings up, down and sideways and I don't have any options for PM. Even trying to click the PM link in the help menu says I don't have access rights hehe

Edit: Email received, thanks so much Penny
    Last edited by yuki; April 23rd, 2008 at 09:51 PM.

Hi Yuki,
    MB went off to you in the mail yesterday. Best of luck and I hope that you'll have a BFP soon!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast