Thread: Missed O on OPK??

Unhappy Missed O on OPK??

hi there
    Have been TTC for a couple of months and this is first month charting. My hormones are very random so its not easy to predict my cycle. So anyway...I have been using OPKs and also temp (trying to get the hang of the CM etc but not quite there yet) and for the last few days have been getting a faeint but getting darker line on the OPK. Didn't test yesterday due to work stuff and not getting home til really late and today when I tested there is no line at al. Not even a feint one. Is this normal, could I have missed the surge ion just one day????

Extra worried as DH has been away for work the last few days so no BD. If the surge was yesterday and we BD over the next few days is there still a chance of getting UTD? I just dont want to miss the opportunity and end up having to wait it out for another month!

yes i think there is still a chance so you should BD anyway!!

i have heard that some OPK's don't work for some ppl... i was sure i was "O"ing and i took an OPK and it didnt work. did you take it at 2pm? and not FMU? i think you arent meant to drink for 2hrs before you take it at 2pm?

good luck! hope you get your bfp very soon

"If you have a test line that is fairly dark one day then very light the next, you may have missed the actual surge."
    I got that from an OPK manfacturing site. I think you have about 24-48 from the beginning of the surge until ovulation. And then the little eggie is alive and viable for about 24 hours. So I'd probably say, go BD now lol!

EDIT: I second what the others have said too. Lots of factors can affect a positive OPK like time of day, water intake, and sometimes what is actually your surge doesn't get picked up on the OPK, for whatever reason. :-)

Hi there,

I am one of those people who could never get those damn OPKs to work for me. Don't stress about it, I have heard that they are not all the accurate. I always found CM to be a better indicator so I'd recommend getting the hang of that .

A line could indicate O in about 24 to 48 hours or so, so always take any opportunity you can.

Good luck.

TICKLISH

Thanks all! Feel much better after reading all your comments, was beginning to think I was some sort of freak

Well...looks like its time to get down to then!!!

xxx