Thread: Most likey O day?

Default Most likey O day?

Hi everyone,

Im really new to this whole TTC thing! I was just wondering, if my cycle is 24 days how many days into the cycle would I be most likey to be Oing? I did a OPK today on day 10 and got a faint line (Fortel) which I understand to be a negative result. Just trying to figure out if I missed the surge or its on the way!

kirsty Guest

I'm no expert but a general rule is you O 14 days before the first day of your next period, so in all likelihood your O day should be around CD 10 somewhere.

But you may have a slightly shorter LP which may put your O day slightly later, possibly to somewhere near CD 10 - 12.

Hopefully someone may be able to give you some more info than that
    Last edited by kirsty; January 27th, 2007 at 09:33 AM.

Yep, i think anything from 10-16 days before AF is due to arrive is considered "normal". I would think you are most likely to O between day 10-12 if you have an average LP (luteal phase - the part of your cycle between ovulation and AF arriving). Everyone varies. Hopefully your OPK will give you a darker line tomorrow showing that it's about to happen!

:-) Thanks for that, will see how I go tomorrow!

Good luck, let us know how you go!

Everyone is different, my cycle was about 31 days, and O at 20 days. I also know a lady that O either 1 or 2 days after AF finished, depending on which side she O from.
    From my experience, temp charting is better then weeing on stick charting. Mainly because when i used the wee on stick method, i was testing based on teh 14 day theory, and i also got negatitive results. I got more dissapointed from this, because i started to think i would never see 2 little lines (i cant remember what brand i used). That depressed me more.

Temping is actually the best way to go. OPKs, CM, CP etc are only classed as secondary signs. A clear and sustained thermal shift is the only true indicator of ovulation other than bloodwork, u/s and pregnancy.

Lisa

I also used the fortel brand and got only a faint second line. I took this as a sign to start BDing right away! Good luck, crossing my fingers for you that your TTC journey will be short and sweet!!!

I am also pretty new to this whole thing, and it can be quite confusing.. lots of questions

Thanks for the help everyone!

3 days in a row of -ve results (ie faint line)... never theless, have been BDing every 2nd day in my supposed fertile period (ie that I worked out using online calculators). Will test again next time round and start taking temperature as well. For now, I guess I join the dreaded two week waiting group :-)