Thread: Most sensitive HPT?

Default Most sensitive HPT?

Can anyone please tell me the most sensitive HPT they know of? I know Lullaby detects 20miU and I currently have a few Pregnosis HPK's which detect 25miU but just wanted to know if there were any more sensitive ones out there?

I know the hormone doubles every 24-48 hours so I guess there isnt much difference between 20 and 25 miU anyway but was just interested.

Thank you

I think I may have just found my answer .... I went to the Lullaby website and found some ultra-sensitive HPT's which detect 10miU which allows testing from 3dpo. Wow!

they don't work that early for a lot of ppl TD, Sorry. I used them when testing with Jess, I didn't get a +ve till 8wks PO. And I know a lot of ppl who use them and don't get +ve's till 14DPO. I have also got a lot of evap lines using them. They are the ones I buy most of the time, but they are not as reliable as some other brands I think...

Crap, and I just bought ten of them. Serves me right for rushing in..... I would never test that early anyway. I started TTC last month and made the mistake of testing too early and found it really frustrating getting the BFN's so wont be dong that again.

Thanks for your reply Katkins

Everyone is different when it comes to getting a result on a HPT, it all just depends on how much hcg is being produced. I got a very very faint +ve on the arvo of 9dpo, I think I tested with a fortel test.. the next morning I did two tests (becauase I thought I was imagining the line!) one was another fortel and the other was the LC ultra sensitive. I got a faint result on the fortel but the LC was a bit stronger.

I got a decent (faint but unmistakeable) result at 12 DPO with the Lullaby 20miu version and if I ever needed to test again I would make a beeline straight for that product. Especially because the packaging does not make outrageous claims about how early you can test!

Hi girls,

Just lurking and thought i'd better pop in....tonydal I think you may have read it wrong.

"it is possible to see a positive result from 2-3 days after the HCG rise. HCG starts being produced once implantation has occurred therefore testing 7 days after intercourse would be suitable"

According to the text books, on average Implantation occurs usually between 6-10 days after ovulation however has been reported to be as early as day 4.

My first pregnancy, at the time i didn't have the business and tested with a supermarket brand and received a faint positive result at 7dpo. But with my daughter (again with same brand) didn't get a positive result until quite late and i was testing every day from 7dpo. So it all comes down to when implantation occurs & the concentration of HCG as to when you will receive a positive result.

I hope that helps.

Good luck - Also check your emails' i've sent you a message about your order ;o)

I used lullaby HPT and got a very faint line (i'm talking very faint) on 12 DPO, and by 13 it was getting a lot darker.

I'll see what it is like tomorrow at the drs..

Anyway, just wanted to say i love lullaby products - very realiable, and very affordable compare to the supermarket stuff. At this this way i could do 8 OPK and like 5 HPT without worrying about the cost!

Would def. recommend them again

Oh, I didn't mean any insult against anyone. I was just pointing out that everyone is different. I am always late getting BFP's even tho I know when I implant (I get implantation pains that stay with me all day/evening and are worse than period/o cramps). With DD#1 I implanted a week before Af was due and didn't get a BFP HPT till around 20DPO so I was approx a week late for AF. With DD#2, I had the same cramps a week before af was due, but no BFP (using the pregnosis 10Miu ones) untill 8WEEKS PO so no idea what was happening there (as BT showed I was Def pg at 19DPO, and levels were right for that timing, just not coming thru in my urine so??)!
    BT's are most accurate but failing that, I'd just say there's always a chance a HPT misses a BFP due to hormone levels or whatever.

Definitely no offense taken Katkins! Sorry if it sounded that way.

Thanks for your post Jodie, yep looks like I read it wrong. I got your email last night - thank you very much.

Thanks for your recommendation Yael ... good luck with your pg.

Katkins, interesting about your levels not coming through your urine. Any idea why? Im just curious.

Cherryrose Guest

I used Fortel Ultra and Confirm both of which gave me a faint BFP at 9 dpo. First Response didnt pick up anything that day. I am pretty sure implantation started at 6dpo, I just felt different from that day, bit of nausea and cramping, which continued for the next 3 days.