Thread: O and OPKs

Default O and OPKs

Just wondering how common it would be to Ovulate and never get a positive OPK? I think i'm clutching at straws!! Every time I've used OPKs I've not O'd! Yesterday I tested OPK twice and I think I'll continue that for a few days. BTs usually pick up O on CD24 which would mean I O around CD17. Well I'm CD 16 and only negative OPKs. If I put in higher temps for the next 2 days on FF it comes up with an O date of CD15. But I got a negative OPK. Hmmmm. Would you mind checking out my chart?!

Hi LG,

I'm not really an expert on OPKs and Oing. But in my experience (only used OPKs 3 mths now) I kept testing if i kept getting -ve and that cycle I o'd CD24, so i'm glad i did.

I checked out your chart and I noticed you have put down your CM as watery? going by that I would say you haven't O'd as yet. Your CM should be EWCM around O time, have you noticed any at all? Are you getting any faint lines on your OPKs? .

Thanks Bron for your reply. No i haven't noticed any EWCM and i have had to go looking for any CM so far (this is the first cycle i've been charting) - usually when i'm checking CP.

I'm on clomid to ovulate and 100mg usually worked until last cycle (5th clomid cycle but first not to O) so i'm wondering if my body has gotten used to that dose maybe?

LG - I don't know anything about Clomid sorry. It is something to think about though.

If it was me, i'd just keep testing with OPKs for a few more days until you get a cover line from FF. If you don't get a cover line, then maybe its time to see the dr. But i don't really know about these things, because since using OPKs i've got a +ve, even if its late like CD24.

I'm sorry i haven't been much more of a help.