Thread: OPK?

mel79 Guest

Default OPK?

I was just wondering about OPK this is my 1st month using them and i have been testing since cycle day 10 it is now cycle day 18 and i have had no +ve ones not even faint lines my cycles are anywhere from 29 to 36 to 39 days and just wondering if anyone has any ideas what is going on i test at around 2-230 each day and have no fluids or go to the toilet for 2hrs before. So am i doing it fight and i just havent o,d yet or what it is driving me nuts

Hi Mel
    Most women normally ovulate 14 days before the first day of their period. So if your cycle happens to be 39 days this month your not likely to ovulate until day 25. So dont give up - keep testing!!
    Good luck!

mel79 Guest

Thanks guys will keep testing and hoping for 2 lines soon anytime would be nice

Mel is is frustrating when your cycles are varying in length. Since charting and i swear this is the reason behind the change (OPK companies are making millions off me!) My cycles have been 40-30-35 and 36 days so i have O at cycle day 26-16-23-22. I usually start around day 12 to be sure that im not missing it.
    It sounds like you are doing all the right things, so just keep POAS and hopefully you will get your 2 lines soon.

Mel my cycles vary a fair bit too - between 28 days and 36 days - so its always a bit of a guessing game to work out when ovulation will occur. Dont give up hope - your BFP will happen soon

Hi Mel,

Keep testing, unfortuantely its definately more difficult if you don't have a regular cycle but it will get better.

You'll start to notice the signs of ovulation better and become more in tune with your body. eg....I'm a sufferer of pcos and had irregular cycles since i was sixteen. My Gyne gave me a script for clomid which i got filled and put in my drawer waiting to get my period. On day 53 of my cycle I noticed the egg white cervical mucus and several other sign (which from my previous months of testing i knew i was getting close) and did only 1 opk & it was +++ so thinking what the heck we may as well try and what do you know my son was conceived - naturally!

Also just wanted to add another thing, if your LP is shorter than 14 days (which is possible as not every women is exactly the same) than you may need to test for a few days longer eg... if you have a 28 day cycle and your lp is 14day then you should ovulate on day 14 and if you cycle is 13 days then ovulate on day 15 and so on.

Good luck Mel, I hope you get that ++ opk soon and a BFP shortly after :O)