Thread: +OPK

kbgirl Guest

Default +OPK

Hi everyone,

I was just wodering if anyone could offer some words of wisdom. I just got a +OPK and am currently on CD11. (Yest was a clear neg) There was a clear line after 5 minutes but not quite as dark, but after about 8min it was as dark as the control line.Do i take this as a positive or keep testing.

I am taking Vitex starting this cycle, do i commence now or continue testing to see if i get a darker line straight away??

Last month I got +OPK's on CD15/16, does it matter that this month it is on CD11, or as long as my LP is longer than 10 days???

Thanks so much

KBGirl

hi kbgirl

I'm not exactly the OPK expert here, but I'd be inclined to starting BDing now, but keep testing anyway...

I also think it's a good idea not to rely solely on OPKs, but to learn to read your body's other fertile signals as well.

BW

kbgirl Guest

Hi there,

Thanks for replying.

I am also temping and i have had EWCM yesterday and today plus lots of O pain this afternoon........This is only my second month of temping so am still learning, but there hasn't been any significant change in temp either, yet!

Thanks again

with those signs, I'd definitely be going now!

BW

Hit the haymaker girls - and just keep bd'ing til the day after EWCM dissappears.

The OPK tests for the surge of Luteinising hormone which as a strong peak one off peak about 24-38 hours before you ovulate. You usually only see a strong +ve on an OPK for one or two days. As soon as it shows up - you can be sure you will ovulated in the next 24-38 hours.

BTW When you are on IVF they give you a trigger 36 hours before they pick up the eggs so they know that the eggs will be popping out just as they go to get them.